From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Diamond & Pearl: Mysterious Treasures (Japanese: Pokémon Card Game DP: Mystery of the Lakes) is the name given to the second expansion of cards and Theme Decks to feature Generation IV Pokémon of Sinnoh.
- 124 cards in English release
- 131 cards in Japanese release
- 33rd English release
- 33rd Japanese release
- 2nd March 2007 - Japanese Expansion
- 22nd August 2007 - English Expansion
Prereleases were held on the weekends of 11th/12th, 18th/19th and 25th/26th August 2007. An unusual third weekend was added as the first weekend clashed with Worlds 2007.
- Mysterious Treasures is based on the Sinnoh Legendary trio, Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf, hence the Japanese name "Mystery of the Lakes" as these Pokémon reside at the bottom of Sinnoh's lakes.
- Like EX Sandstorm (which was also the second Expansion for its particular Generation (III)), Mysterious Treasures introduces the two Fossil Pokémon portrayed in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl in card form. The new rule regarding fossil cards first announced with the release of Diamond & Pearl applies to the new Skull and Armor Fossil cards released in this set.
- Mysterious Treasures also introduces Pokémon that come with held items; in this case Berries. These held items work in the same fashion as Poké-Bodies, in that the effect the item provides is active whenever the Pokémon is in play. This is another game mechanic derived from the games, in that some wild Pokémon come with an item attached when they are caught. Strangely, these Pokémon do not feature a collection number and are placed at the end of their respective type lists in the Japanese Expansion.
- Mysterious Treasures features the secret card Time-Space Distortion, which was previously only available as a Japanese Promotional card at Battle Road Spring 2007. Like its Japanese counterpart it features a holographic border, making this the first English Trainer card to have this treatment. It is also the first secret card included in a set since EX Holon Phantoms.
- The Prerelease card for this set is Gabite.