From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- This article is about an egg group. For the Pokémon fought in a Pokéstar Studios movie, see Monster.
The Monster Egg group (Japanese: かいじゅう Monster) is one of the fifteen Egg groups.
Monster group Pokémon are usually among the most powerful, and most well-known. Though not as large as the Field group, the Monster group is still a fairly large group. In terms of general body shape, most appear to be bipedal, although quadrupedal forms are common as well. Many also possess a large tail which may aid in balance. Most of them are also partially reptilian, and some have claws as well.
It is also worth noting that a large number of families in this Egg group evolve twice over the course of their development. Many Pokémon are capable of breeding with other Egg groups, but the number of Egg groups is fairly limited, with only four others.
Only in this Egg group
In this and another Egg group
- The Monster group is one of the Egg groups that contains all starter Pokémon from one region: Kanto.
- Poké Maniacs specialize in this Egg group.
- The only Generation V Pokémon in this group are Dragon-type and in the Dragon Group.
- The only Generation in which none of its starter Pokémon are members of the Monster Egg Group is Generation V. All others have at least one member family.
In other languages