From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
The Light Cup is a set of rules that players can activate for wireless battles on the second floor of any Pokémon Center in Generation IV.
When selected, the Light Cup implies the following restrictions.
- The Pokémon that Trainers select must be Level 50 and lower.
- Trainers must select three and only three Pokémon. No full parties of six are allowed.
- No Pokémon's weight may exceed 218 lbs (98.883 kilograms).
When it becomes available
This cup is available as soon as players complete certain tasks.
- In Diamond, Pearl and Platinum
- The player simply has to have two Pokémon.
- In HeartGold and SoulSilver
- Lyra or Ethan must have shown the player how to catch Pokémon, and given them five Poké Balls.
- The player must also have two Pokémon.
What battle modes can use the Light Cup
The Light Cup rule setting is available in Single Battle and Double Battle modes in all five Generation IV games. In HeartGold and SoulSilver, it is also available in the Flat Battle mode.