From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Lake Verity (Japanese: シンジこ Shinji Lake) is a location in the region of Sinnoh.
Early in the story of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, the player and their rival come here after watching reports of a Red Gyarados on television in hopes of seeing something similarly amazing. This is also where the player will receive their first Pokémon in Sinnoh after being attacked by Starly. Within the cave in the center of the lake resides the legendary Pokémon, Mesprit.
In Platinum, instead, the player and rival meet Cyrus for the first time.
Halfway through the story, Mars of Team Galactic raids the lake and captures Mesprit.
|| Verity Cavern (Only Pokédex)
|| Only One
| A colored background means that the Pokémon can be found in this location in the specified game. A white background with a colored letter means that the Pokémon cannot be found here.
- Mesprit is only seen here and after you talk to Mesprit it teleports away and stats roaming Sinnoh grass.
One of the lakes that is symbolic of the water-rich Sinnoh region. There is an odd legend associated with it. It is possible to enter the cave underneath the lake from the island in the middle.
In the anime
Lake Verity was briefly visited by Dawn and Piplup in Following A Maiden's Voyage! At the lake they briefly encountered the projected soul of Mesprit.
In Strategy Begins at Home!, Team Rocket fish in the lake looking for Goldeen for the Goldeen Scoop booth at the Twinleaf Festival.
In DP151 a pink whirlpool appeared in the lake due to Pokémon Hunter J dropping the Galactic Bomb into Lake Valor. From this portal emerged Mesprit, who quickly teleported away to Lake Valor. This was witnessed by Professor Rowan and his aides.
- After the battle between the player and the wild Starly in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, a square of tall grass can be seen to have disappeared when the player and his/her friend walk out of the tall grass. It is where the briefcase which was taken away by Dawn/Lucas was originally. The square remains in Pokémon Platinum even though the same event did not occur in the game.
- At each of Sinnoh's lakes, a TM can be found containing a powerful move of a different elemental type. Lake Verity's TM is the Template:Type2 TM38 (Fire Blast).
- Using the Dongle method, Bibarel and Staravia can be found at level 4, although Bidoof and Starly don't evolve until they reach level 15 and level 14, respectively.
- Also, with The Pokéradar, you can catch Level 3 Wobbuffet, despite evolving from Wynaut at Level 15.
- Lake Verity's Japanese name shares the same Japanese name of Paul.
- When Lake Verity appeared in Following a Maiden's Voyage!, it was extremely small compared to the games or the other lakes, resembling more of a large pond. This changed when it was next seen in Strategy Begins at Home!.
Verity means "truth". This is related to Mesprit's status as the Emotion Pokémon, as the truth often conveys strong emotions.
In other languages
- French: Lac Vérité
- Portuguese: Lago da Verdade
- Spanish: Lago Veraz
- Italian: Lago Verità
- German: See der Wahrheit
- Polish: Jezioro Prawdy
- Chinese: 心齊湖