From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Lake Verity (Japanese: シンジこ Shinji Lake) is a location in Sinnoh.
The player and his or her rival come here after watching reports of a Red Gyarados on television in hopes of seeing something similarly amazing, early in the story of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. This is also where players will receive their first Pokémon in Sinnoh after being attacked by Starly. It is also where the legendary Pokémon, Mesprit lives.
Halfway through the story, Mars of Team Galactic raids the lake and captures Mesprit.
One of the lakes that is symbollic of the water rich Sinnoh region. There is an odd legend associated with it. It is possible to enter the cave underneath the lake from the island in the middle.
- After the battle between the player and the wild Starly in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, a square of tall grass can be seen to have disappeared when the player and his/her friend walk out of the tall grass. It is where the briefcase which was taken away by Dawn/Lucas was originally.
- The square remains in Pokémon Platinum even though the same event did not occur in the game.
- At each of Sinnoh's lakes, a TM can be found containing a powerful move of a different elemental type. Lake Verity's TM is Template:Type2.
- Using the Dongle method, Bibarel and Staravia can be found at level 4, although Bidoof and Starly don't evolve until they reach Level 15 and Level 14, respectively.
- In the anime, Lake Verity is extremely small compared to the games or the other lakes, resembling more of a large pond.
- In the patch of grass reached by surfing, the wild Pokémon there are low levels, even though only being able to be accessed a while into the game.
Verity means "truth". This is related to Mesprit's status as the Emotion Pokémon, as the truth often conveys strong emotions.
In other languages
- Spanish: Lago Veraz
- Italian: Lago Verità
- German: See der Wahrheit