From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
A Key (Japanese: カギ Key) is an item that can be used to unlock doors in dungeons in the games Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team and its sequel games Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness and Sky. Keys will unlock these doors, showing a Treasure Chest. They are generally rare and difficult to obtain, usually appearing in later dungeons as a random floor item, or bought for a large price from Kecleon Shops.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team
In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team the Key is used to open chambers appearing on set floors of certain dungeons in order to gain rare items that are usually otherwise unobtainable, such as HMs, Friend Bows and Wish Stones. It is used up after use.
Items obtainable with Keys are:
- HM Cut (Buried Relic, 80F)
- HM Dive (Solar Cave, 10F)
- HM Flash (Buried Relic, 70F)
- HM Fly (Wyvern Hill, 30F)
- HM Rock Smash (Buried Relic, 45F)
- HM Waterfall (Solar Cave, 15F)
- Beauty Scarf (Western Cave, 59F)
- Friend Bow (Mt. Faraway, 30F)
- Wish Stone (Wish Cave, 40F)
- Lunar Ribbon (Northwind Field, 20F)
- Sun Ribbon (Wyvern Hill, 20F)
- TM Vacuum-Cut (Far-Off Sea, 50F)
- TM Wide Slash (Far-off Sea, 72F)
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers or Time, Explorers of Darkness, and Explorers of Sky
In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness and Explorers of Sky, keys are used to open chambers that randomly appear when not on a mission.
Keys can be found in: