From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Kōji Nishino (Japanese: 西野弘二 Nishino Kōji) is a game designer of Pokémon games, currently working at Game Freak. He has been involved in nearly every main series Pokémon game since Pokémon Red and Green Versions. He has also assisted the anime producers for Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.
He also appeared in the form of an NPC as Nishino (Japanese: ニシノ) in Black 2 and White 2. In every game he has appeared in, he has the appearance of a Hiker.
- Pokémon Red and Green (1996) - Parametric Design, Map Design
- Pokémon Blue (1996) - Parametric Design, Map Design
- Bushi Seiryūden: Futari no Yūsha (1997) - Map Design & Balance Check
- Pokémon Stadium (Japanese) (1998) - Advisor
- Pokémon Yellow (1998) - Game Design, Parametric Design, Map Design
- Pokémon Stadium (1999) - Advisor
- Pokémon Gold and Silver (1999) - Game Design, Parametric Design, Map Design
- Pokémon Crystal (2000) - Game Design, Game Scenario, Parametric Design, Map Design
- Pokémon Stadium 2 (2000) - Advisor
- Super Smash Bros. Melee (2001) - Original Game Staff (Planning: Pokémon)
- Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire (2002) - Game Designer, Plot Scenario, Map Designer, Parametric Designer
- Pokémon Colosseum (2003) - Pokémon Advisor
- Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen (2004) - Planning Leader, Game Designer, Parametric Designer
- Pokémon Emerald (2004) - Game Designer, Scenario Plot, Parametric Designer
- Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness (2005) - Pokémon Advisor
- Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (2006) - Game Designer, Plot Scenario, Map Designer, Parametric Designer
- Pokémon Battle Revolution (2006) - Pokémon Advisor
- Pokémon Platinum (2008) - Game Design, Plot Scenario, Map Design, Parametric Design
- Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (2009) - Game Design, Parametric Design
- Pokémon Black and White (2010) - Battle System Design, Pokémon & Trainer Parameter Design
- Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (2012) - Game Design, Map Design, Parameter Design
- Pokémon X and Y (2013) - Game Battle System Design
- Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (2014) - Game Battle & Contest System Design
- Pokémon Sun and Moon (2016) - Battle Planning
- Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon (2017) - Battle Planning
In-game cameo appearance
In Black, White, Black 2, and White 2, Nishino appears in Castelia City in the Game Freak building. In Black 2 and White 2, he will battle the player once per day.
Post-Hall of Fame
Pokémon Black and White
- "I'm Snorlax. No, no! I'm the Planner! I don't mean to butt in, but the item Leftovers is important, isn't it?"
Pokémon Black 2 and White 2
- "I'm Snorlax. No, no! I'm the Planner! I don't mean to butt in, but the item Leftovers is important, isn't it? It's pretty useful in battle. Do you want to battle and test it?"
- No: "No?! Really? My Pokémon are pretty, though..."
- Yes: "I like to win using my favorite Pokémon!"
- "Ah... I see... That was quite well thought out."
- "Awww! What great Pokémon! The great number of steps seems to have increased their trust in you... I hope we can battle again tomorrow."
- The Japanese name of Snorlax, カビゴン Kabigon is also based on the nickname of Nishino. Snorlax's appearance and gluttony were directly inspired by Nishino: as 'kabi' means 'mold' and Nishino had a habit of eating moldy food.
- In a July 2000 interview with the Japanese Nintendo Online Magazine about Pokémon Gold and Silver, Nishino stated that male Schoolkids grow up to be Super Nerds, while Lasses grow up to be Beauties.