From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Julia (Japanese: フミコ Fumiko) is a woman residing in a house in the northeastern corner of Sunyshore City. She hands out Ribbons when the player talks to her on different days. The Ribbons she hands out differ according to her mood, which changes depending on the day of the week.
- "Oh, hello. You're quite the nifty Trainer. My husband is a Sailor, and he's off working somewhere far away. I long for the day he comes back to me. All that waiting gets to be very boring every day, though... I know! How about you visit me and tell me stories every so often?"
- "Starting tomorrow, please visit and tell me stories about your travels."
- Depending on the day of the week:
- "Today is Monday! It's time to get going on a brand-new week. Is there a story that might help me perk up? Maybe a story about getting splashed with water..."
- "<word entered> splashed with water... ... That sounds refreshing! It's made me feel awake!"
- "Today is Tuesday! The first date I went on with my husband was on Tuesday, too. I remember my heart thumping like I was scared, and I guess I was. Do you know any story that would scare me like that? Like something that jumps out from hiding?"
- "One mean <word entered> that bursts out from a closet? ... Yikes! That would be scary!"
- "Sigh... I gained a little weight... This dress that my husband bought for me is too tight now... This makes me feel sad... Misery does love company. Something that would make me cry?"
- "A tearful <word entered>... ... Sniffle... That is so sad... I feel desolate, even!"
- "It's Thursday already? I lost track of time! My favorite magazine comes out today. I'd better go buy it quick! Do you know a story about being absentminded? Like getting your shoes backward?"
- "The <word entered> had shoes on the wrong feet? ... Ahahaha! That is so silly! How is it possible to be that absentminded?"
- "Today is Friday! My meager cooking repertoire is about to run out! Do you know a story that would help me get my thoughts in order? Like a story about numbers adding up perfectly?"
- "You went <word entered> shopping and paid 777 including tax? That is a nice number to ring up. It just has a good look to it. It's sure helped me clear my head!"
- "Yawn... Today's Saturday... I'm feeling lazy and sleepy... I wish I had a pillow... But what kind of a pillow?"
- "<word entered> snuggle pillow... ... It... It surprisingly may give me a good night's sleep! I wonder if I can buy one somewhere."
- "Oh, hello! You're on your adventure even though it's Sunday! When I was younger, I remember that every day was like an adventure. It was always fun. I loved the people around me... I was happy. Oh, but I'm happy now, too. I love my life with my husband. It's just a different kind of happy. So, what makes you happy?"
- "You love <word entered>? ... Ufufu... That says something about you. It puts a smile on my face!"
- "Thank you! Please give this to your Pokémon."
- "Please tell me another story tomorrow."
- "Oh... You couldn't think up anything?"
- If the Pokémon first in the party already has the Ribbon for the current day of the week:
- "Hello! Oh, this is the <Pokémon> I gave a Ribbon to before. I've got lots of Ribbons--you should bring other Pokémon."
The Ribbons she hands out, in order by day given, are as follows:
|| Alert Ribbon
|| A Ribbon for recalling an invigorating event that created life energy.
|| Shock Ribbon
|| A Ribbon for recalling a thrilling event that made life more exciting.
|| Downcast Ribbon
|| A Ribbon for recalling feelings of sadness that added spice to life.
|| Careless Ribbon
|| A Ribbon for recalling a careless error that helped steer life decisions.
|| Relax Ribbon
|| A Ribbon for recalling a refreshing event that added sparkle to life.
|| Snooze Ribbon
|| A Ribbon for recalling a deep slumber that made life soothing.
|| Smile Ribbon
|| A Ribbon for recalling that smiles enrich the quality of life.
In Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, each of the Ribbons are given out on the same days by the Week Siblings on the second and subsequent times the player visits them. In Pokémon X and Y, they are instead given out on the same days by a Tourists in each of the hotels. In Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, it is instead given out by the Ribbon Belle in Mauville Hills.
|| フミコ Fumiko
|| Possibly from 海 umi (sea)
|| Similar to English name
|| 해인 Haein
|| Possibly from 해 (海) hae (sea)