From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Jimmy (Japanese: ケンタ Kenta) is the main protagonist of The Legend of Thunder!. His starter Pokémon was Cyndaquil, received from Professor Elm of New Bark Town at the same time as Vincent and Marina. His Japanese voice actor is 野島健児 Kenji Nojima and his English voice actor is Sean Schemmel. Internationally, he is played by Rodrigo Andreatto in the Brazilian dub.
He has a habit of saying "You rock and you rule!" ("OK! Perfect!" in original) to his Pokémon and giving them a thumbs-up after winning a battle. Jimmy is similar in many ways to Ash. He also cares for Pokémon very much. This can be seen in his concern for Raikou when it was injured. He is also determined and never gives up in battle. Like Ash, he is also close to his starter Pokémon, which is now a Typhlosion. He has a battle style that focuses on offense. As such, his Pokémon are trained to take attacks and still keep fighting.
His main goal was to become a strong Pokémon Trainer so that he could protect the kids in New Bark Town, his home town. He also has a crush on Marina which appears to be mutual. Both of them participated in the Silver Conference a full year before Vincent did.
This is a listing of Jimmy's known Pokémon:
He has four other Pokémon that Nurse Joy heals at the Pokémon Center, but are not seen at any other time.
- Much like Ash is based off of Red, Jimmy is based off of Gold.
- When Vincent appeared in the Silver Conference (known then as Jackson in the dub), Marina and Jimmy were referred to "Dani and Yoshi" respectively, leading many to believe that "Yoshi" was the official English name for Jimmy, and "Dani" was the official English name for Marina. Whether this was the original intention remains unknown. However, in The Legend of Thunder!, they're identified as Jimmy and Marina.
- It is unknown if Paul (who is probably based on Silver, Gold's main rival) has ever met Jimmy or Marina. However, seeing as all three of them competed in the Johto League before Ash and Vincent did, this could be the case.
- Jimmy's English name may come directly from Pokémon Gold and Silver. There is a minor Trainer named "Kenta" in the Japanese version whose name was localized as "Jimmy" in the English translation - a Youngster on Route 3 with a Raticate and Arbok. The dubbers may have mistaken this character for an unrelated anime character. The same thing happened to Vincent.
- Despite taking Ash's place in The Legend of Thunder, of the trio comprised of him, Marina, and Vincent, he has the least of his Pokémon known by viewers.
- His Beedrill's inability to hear Little Pink's singing may have been the basis for the Soundproof ability.