From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
This article is missing information on this character's English voice actor.
You can help by adding this information.
Incineroar (Japanese: ガオガエン Gaogaen) is a playable character in the Super Smash Bros. series.
Incineroar is an unlockable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. It poses after landing attacks to show off, but the poses can easily be cancelled into guards and other attacks. Incineroar is among the slowest-moving characters in the base game. It is second only to the downloadable Piranha Plant in grounded mobility. This is compensated for with many of its attacks having high damage and knockback, with several attacks such as Darkest Lariat having transcendent priority, and excellent throws. Being a Fire-type, it takes continuous damage while swimming, a trait it shares with Charizard, Inklings, and Sonic.
- Pit: Ha! That tiger's on fire.
- Palutena: How astute of you, Pit. That's Incineroar. Before it evolved into this form, it was a cute little Litten. Incineroar is unpredictable, self-centered, and rambunctious. Although it's supposedly great with children.
- Viridi: It specializes in wrestling moves. Brute force is its M.O., but it's no slouch in the technical department either.
- Palutena: Incineroar is also a performer at heart, so when it lands a big attack, it likes to show off for the crowd.
- Pit: Now that you mention it, I do hear crowd cheers sometimes. It's almost like an audience is watching us fight.
- Palutena: Incineroar has an attack called Revenge that feels like it was inspired by pro wrestling. If Incineroar takes damage while Revenge is active, its body ignites, and its attacks become more powerful!
- Pit: If that happens, I'll just let everyone else fight Incineroar until it wears off. Then I'll swoop in and steal the KO!
- Viridi: Sure, if you wanna be THAT guy. Might as well edge guard while you're at it.
- Incineroar's original move, Alolan Whip, is based on the Irish whip, a move in professional wrestling.
- Unshō Ishizuka, the Japanese voice actor for Professor Oak, provided the Japanese voice for Incineroar in Ultimate before his unexpected death on August 13, 2018. Ishizuka recorded all of his voice clips for the game before his death.
- Incineroar was largely added in because Masahiro Sakurai had never done a wrestling fighter before, and also because, as Pokémon Sun & Moon were nearing release at the time Ultimate was nearing the end of development, a character from that game was reserved for the remaining spot so Sakurai could have at least one character from a more recent game included. In large because of this, Incineroar is the only character in Ultimate to not be part of the original draft for the game written on December 2015.
- Incineroar's spot in the game was originally supposed to go to Decidueye, but the latter was passed over.
- All of Incineroar's moves are Physical attacks. This makes it the only Pokémon whose moves are all under one Damage category. While Ivysaur's Specials are also Physical, it uses Solar Beam for its Final Smash.
- For more information on this Pokémon's species, see Incineroar.
Notes and references