From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Hydro Cannon (Japanese: ハイドロカノン Hydro Cannon) is a damage-dealing Water-type move introduced in Generation III.
Hydro Cannon inflicts damage and then forces the user to recharge during the next turn. Unless this attack misses, the user will always have to recharge.
|| This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Colo and XD description.
|| Powerful, but leaves the user immobile the next turn.
|| The foe is hit with a watery cannon. The user can’t move on the next turn.
|| The foe is hit with a watery blast. The user must rest on the next turn, however.
|| The target is hit with a watery blast. The user must rest on the next turn, however.
Various Move Tutors will teach Hydro Cannon to the fully evolved Water-type starters if their friendship rating is maximized:
- In Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, an elderly woman on Cape Brink will teach Hydro Cannon to Blastoise only.
- In Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, an elderly man appears on Route 228 in the Battle Zone, and will teach the move to all four fully evolved Water-type starters.
- In HeartGold and SoulSilver, the Move Tutor for Hydro Cannon can be found in the Move Deleter/Move relearner's house in Blackthorn City.
- In Black and White, the Move Tutor that can teach Hydro Cannon appears in a house on Route 13, and will teach it to all five fully evolved Water-type starters.
- In Black 2 and White 2, the Move Tutor that can teach Hydro Cannon appears outside the Pokémon World Tournament building, and will teach it to all fully evolved Water-type starters.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team, Blastoise can learn Hydro Cannon at level 99 if it has at least 333 IQ points. If this requirement is not met until after reaching level 99, Hydro Cannon can be relearned at the Gulpin Link Shop.
In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky, Blastoise, Feraligatr, Swampert, and Empoleon can learn Hydro Cannon at level 72 if it has at least 300 IQ points. If this requirement is not met until after level 72, Hydro Cannon can be relearned at Electivire Link Shop.
In the anime
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
In other generations
- Smeargle is the only Pokémon that is not a Water-type starter Pokémon able to learn Hydro Cannon, due to Sketch.
- Mew, though repeatedly said on the Pokédex to be able to learn any move, is not able to learn Hydro Cannon, because the tutors only want to teach it to Water-type starter Pokémon.
- This move has so far been used by rivals' Pokémon in the anime: Gary's Blastoise, Barry's Empoleon, Kenny's Empoleon and Cameron's Samurott.
- Hydro Cannon along with its variations is tied with Quick Attack and its variations to have the most variations.
In other languages