From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Hydro Cannon (Japanese: ハイドロカノン Hydro Cannon) is a damage-dealing Water-type move introduced in Generation III.
Hydro Cannon inflicts damage and then forces the user to recharge during the next turn. Unless this attack misses, the user will always have to recharge.
|| This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Colo and XD description.
|| Powerful, but leaves the user immobile the next turn.
|| The foe is hit with a watery cannon. The user can’t move on the next turn.
|| The foe is hit with a watery blast. The user must rest on the next turn, however.
|| The target is hit with a watery blast. The user must rest on the next turn, however.
Various Move Tutors will teach Hydro Cannon to the fully evolved Water-type starters if their friendship rating is maximized:
In the anime
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
In other generations
- Smeargle is the only Pokémon that is not a Water-type starter Pokémon able to learn Hydro Cannon, due to Sketch.
- Mew, though repeatedly said on the Pokédex to be able to learn any move, is not able to learn Hydro Cannon, because the tutors only want to teach it to Water-type starter Pokémon.
- This move has so far been used by rivals' Pokémon in the anime: Gary's Blastoise, Barry's Empoleon and Kenny's Empoleon.
- Despite being only available in Generation III and beyond, Hydro Cannon appeared early on in the Pokémon TCG on a Blastoise card.
- Hydro Cannon along with its variations is tied with Quick Attack and its variations to have the most variations.
In other languages