Difference between revisions of "Honey"

From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search
m
(Bad organization. I don't mind that the honey tree info is here, but honey != honey tree. Most of the "technical" mechanics are actually pretty useless/don't really belong here. +Munchlax tree info)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
[[File:Sinnoh Route 205 Honey tree DP.png|thumb|One of the trees to which Honey may be applied.]]
 
[[File:Sinnoh Route 205 Honey tree DP.png|thumb|One of the trees to which Honey may be applied.]]
'''Honey''' (Japanese: '''あまいミツ''' ''Sweet Honey'') is an item that was introduced in [[Generation IV]]. This item is used on special, golden-colored trees in [[Sinnoh]] to attract Pokémon—most of which can only be caught in the wild by use of these trees.
+
'''Honey''' (Japanese: '''あまいミツ''' ''Sweet Honey'') is an item that was introduced in [[Generation IV]]. This item can be used on special, golden-colored trees in [[Sinnoh]] to attract Pokémon—most of which can only be caught in the wild by use of these trees.
   
When activated in [[tall grass]] away from trees, Honey acts in a manner similar to the move {{m|Sweet Scent}}; in [[Pokémon X and Y]] specifically, using Honey will trigger a [[Horde Encounter]] with wild Pokémon.
+
When activated in [[tall grass]], Honey acts in a manner similar to the move {{m|Sweet Scent}}, starting a [[wild Pokémon]] battle. The same is true in [[Pokémon X and Y]], but if the area has [[Horde Encounter]]s, using Honey will trigger one.
   
==Overview==
+
==Honey locations==
Once Honey is slathered on one of the trees and at least 6 real-time hours have passed, a Pokémon may appear on the tree. If a tree is left unchecked for 24 hours, both the Honey and any Pokémon will be gone. Changing the internal [[Nintendo DS]] clock will have no impact on the progression of these 6 hours.
 
 
There are 21 Honey trees spread throughout Sinnoh. Four of them have a chance to attract {{p|Munchlax}}; these trees are selected based on player information when the game begins, and cannot be changed short of starting a new game. Any tree has a 90% chance to attract a Pokémon from either of two similar sets of Pokémon, [[#Pokémon|described below]]. Munchlax trees have a 1% chance of attracting a Munchlax, and a 9% chance of attracting no Pokémon; other trees have a 10% chance of attracting no Pokémon.
 
 
The Pokémon is determined at the time of slathering the tree. Saving the game, resetting, and re-checking a tree after a Pokémon has appeared will not change the Pokémon, but its [[level]], [[gender]], [[Nature]], [[individual values|IVs]], and other random values will change. This is helpful for finding a male or female {{p|Burmy}}, which will have different [[evolution]]s depending on their gender, or {{p|Combee}}, which only evolves if female.
 
 
If used in tall grass, a cave, or in water, the Honey will activate a {{m|Sweet Scent}} effect, immediately initiating battle with a Pokémon if possible.
 
 
In [[Generation VI]], Honey can no longer be applied on trees, and must be used directly in tall grass. Using it attracts [[Horde Encounter|Pokémon Hordes]].
 
 
==Location==
 
===Honey locations===
 
 
[[File:Bag Honey Sprite.png|thumb|left]]
 
[[File:Bag Honey Sprite.png|thumb|left]]
 
Honey is first obtained after the player saves a Honey-selling man from [[Team Galactic]] in [[Floaroma Meadow]], near [[Floaroma Town]]. He will reward the player with some of his Honey. From then onwards, the player will be able to purchase Honey one at a time from him in Floaroma Meadow for {{PDollar}}100 each.
 
Honey is first obtained after the player saves a Honey-selling man from [[Team Galactic]] in [[Floaroma Meadow]], near [[Floaroma Town]]. He will reward the player with some of his Honey. From then onwards, the player will be able to purchase Honey one at a time from him in Floaroma Meadow for {{PDollar}}100 each.
Line 16: Line 16:
 
In [[Pokémon Black and White Versions 2|Pokémon Black 2 and White 2]], Honey can be purchased at [[Join Avenue]] {{DL|Join Avenue|Market}}s.
 
In [[Pokémon Black and White Versions 2|Pokémon Black 2 and White 2]], Honey can be purchased at [[Join Avenue]] {{DL|Join Avenue|Market}}s.
   
===Honey tree locations===
+
==Honey trees==
  +
Once Honey is slathered on a Honey tree and at least 6 real-time hours have passed, a Pokémon may appear on the tree. If a tree is left unchecked for 24 hours, both the Honey and any Pokémon will be gone. Changing the [[Nintendo DS]]'s clock will have no impact on the Honey tree's timer.
  +
  +
There are 21 Honey trees spread throughout Sinnoh. Four of them have a chance to attract {{p|Munchlax}}; these trees are selected based on player information when the game begins, and cannot be changed short of starting a new game. Any tree has a 90% chance to attract a Pokémon from one of two groups of Pokémon, described below. Munchlax trees have a 1% chance of attracting a Munchlax and a 9% chance of not attracting any Pokémon, while all other trees have a 10% chance of not attracting any Pokémon.
  +
  +
The Pokémon is determined at the time of slathering the tree. Saving the game, resetting, and re-checking a tree after a Pokémon has appeared will not change the Pokémon, but its [[level]], [[gender]], [[Nature]], [[individual values|IVs]], and other random values will change.
  +
  +
===Locations===
 
* {{rt|205|Sinnoh}} south
 
* {{rt|205|Sinnoh}} south
 
* {{rt|205|Sinnoh}} north
 
* {{rt|205|Sinnoh}} north
Line 39: Line 39:
 
* [[Floaroma Meadow]]
 
* [[Floaroma Meadow]]
   
==Technical mechanics==
+
====Munchlax trees====
Each of the 21 Honey trees throughout the game occupy 8 bytes in the save file starting from 0x72E4.<ref>[http://projectpokemon.org/wiki/Honey_Tree Project Pokémon wiki article on Honey tree mechanics]</ref>
+
Which four honey trees can contain Munchlax depends on the player's [[Trainer ID number|Trainer ID]] and {{DL|Trainer ID number|secret ID}}<ref>[http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/past-gen-rng-research.61090/page-34#post-3986326 Past Gen RNG Research | Page 34 | Smogon Forums]</ref> (referred to herein as ''tid'' and ''sid''). These numbers are 2-byte values, and the game splits each into single bytes. ''tid''<sub>1</sub> and ''sid''<sub>1</sub> will refer to the lower byte of each ID number (calculable by <code>''id'' % 256</code>), while ''tid''<sub>2</sub> and ''sid''<sub>2</sub> will refer to the higher byte (calculable by <code>''id'' / 256</code>).
   
<code>{{background|FF9999|00000000}}{{background|FFCC99|00}}{{background|9999FF|00}}{{background|99FF99|00}}{{background|FFFF99|00}}</code>
+
The location of the four Munchlax trees is then determined as follows:
  +
:<code>''A'' = ''sid''<sub>1</sub> [[wp:modulo operation|%]] 21</code>
  +
:<code>''B'' = ''sid''<sub>2</sub> % 21</code>
  +
:<code>''C'' = ''tid''<sub>1</sub> % 21</code>
  +
:<code>''D'' = ''tid''<sub>2</sub> % 21</code>
   
* {{background|FF9999|Pink}} represents the countdown timer in minutes. This value starts at 1440 and decreases by 1 every minute after the tree is slathered with Honey. When it reaches 1080 minutes, a Pokémon may appear on the tree. Once the countdown timer reaches 0, any Pokémon will disappear, and the player must slather more Honey.
+
The game checks if any of these are equal. If ''A'' is equal to ''B'', ''B'' is increased by 1. The game then checks ''A'' against ''C'', followed by ''B'' against ''C'', adding 1 to ''C'' if it is equal after either check. Then the game checks ''A'' against ''D'', followed by ''B'' against ''D'', and then ''C'' against ''D'', and adds 1 to ''D'' if it is equal after any of the checks. If at any point any of ''B'', ''C'', or ''D'' would equal 21, they are set to 0 instead.
* {{background|FFCC99|Orange}} represents which Pokémon within the {{background|99FF99|set}} will appear.
 
* {{background|9999FF|Blue}} is one less than the {{background|99FF99|set}}.
 
* {{background|99FF99|Green}} represents from which set the Pokémon will be selected.
 
* {{background|FFFF99|Yellow}} ranges from 0–3 and represents how much the tree will shake when the Pokémon is on it. 0 means the tree will not shake at all (even if a Pokémon is on it), and higher numbers indicate more energetic shaking.
 
   
Note that these values are all determined the moment the tree is slathered in Honey. After such is done and the game is saved, no resets will change the Pokémon that will end up on the tree, whether a Pokémon will appear at all, or how much the tree will shake.
+
The final values of ''A'', ''B'', ''C'', and ''D'' represent the locations of the Munchlax trees. The number can be treated as a 0-based index into the list of Honey tree locations above. That is, if ''A'' = 10, that means the Honey tree on Route 212 south can contain Munchlax.
   
===Determining the values===
+
===Pokémon groups===
First, the game decides which {{background|99FF99|set}} of six Pokémon to pick from. There are three in all, but the third only contains Munchlax and is only used by Munchlax trees. If this tree was slathered again after a Pokémon encounter, it has a 90% chance to reuse the same set. The remaining 10% of the time, or if a new tree is slathered:
+
Whereas most areas only need to choose a random Pokémon for the player to encounter, honey trees must first choose one of three groups of Pokémon (shown in the table below) before choosing which Pokémon therein for the player to encounter. For most honey trees, only two of the groups (A and B) can actually be chosen. These trees also have a 10% chance of not producing a Pokémon when honey is slathered on them. Munchlax trees, however, have a 1% chance of finding a Munchlax and a 9% chance of not producing an encounter.
* Munchlax trees have a 20% chance to select from set 1, 70% chance to select from set 2, 9% chance to have no Pokémon, and 1% chance to attract a Munchlax (set 3).
+
{| class="roundy" style="text-align: center; background: #{{items color dark}}; border: 3px solid #{{items color dark}}"
* Non-Munchlax trees have a 70% chance to select from set 1, 20% chance to select from set 2, and 10% chance to have no Pokémon.
+
|-
+
! style="background: #{{items color light}}; {{roundytl|5px}}" rowspan=2 |
For {{background|99FF99|set}}s 1 and 2, another roll is required to decide {{background|FFCC99|which}} of the six Pokémon to use. The rarities and Pokémon are listed in the following table:
+
! style="background: #{{items color light}}" colspan=2 | [[Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Versions|{{color|{{diamond color}}|Diamond}}/{{color|{{pearl color}}|Pearl}}]]
{| border=1 style=" text-align:center; background: #fff; border:1px solid #000; border-collapse:collapse;"
+
! style="background: #{{items color light}}; padding: 0px 10px" rowspan=2 | Group C<br>({{tt|0%/1%|1% if the tree is a Munchlax tree}})
|- style="background: #C0C0FF"
+
! style="background: #{{items color light}}; {{roundytr|5px}}" colspan=2 | [[Pokémon Platinum Version|{{color|{{platinum color dark}}|Platinum}}]]
! rowspan="2" | Freq.
+
|- style="background: #{{items color light}}"
! colspan="2" | Diamond/Pearl
+
! Group A (20%) || Group B (70%) || Group A (20%) || Group B (70%)
! colspan="2" | Platinum
+
|- style="background: #fff"
|- style="background: #C0C0FF;"
 
! Col 1
 
! Col 2
 
! Col 1
 
! Col 2
 
|- style="background: #eee;"
 
 
| Pokémon 1 (40%)
 
| Pokémon 1 (40%)
| Wurmple
+
| {{p|Wurmple}} || {{p|Combee}} || rowspan=6 | {{p|Munchlax}} || {{p|Combee}} || {{p|Burmy}}
| Combee
+
|- style="background: #fff"
| Combee
 
| Burmy
 
|- style="background: #ddd;"
 
 
| Pokémon 2 (20%)
 
| Pokémon 2 (20%)
| Silcoon (D)<br>Cascoon (P)
+
| {{p|Silcoon}}{{sup/4|D}}<br>{{p|Cascoon}}{{sup/4|P}} || {{p|Burmy}} || {{p|Wurmple}} || {{p|Cherubi}}
| Burmy
+
|- style="background: #fff"
| Wurmple
 
| Cherubi
 
|- style="background: #eee;"
 
 
| Pokémon 3 (20%)
 
| Pokémon 3 (20%)
| Combee
+
| {{p|Combee}} || {{p|Cherubi}} || {{p|Burmy}} || {{p|Combee}}
| Cherubi
+
|- style="background: #fff"
| Burmy
 
| Combee
 
|- style="background: #ddd;"
 
 
| Pokémon 4 (10%)
 
| Pokémon 4 (10%)
| Burmy
+
| {{p|Burmy}} || {{p|Aipom}} || {{p|Cherubi}} || {{p|Aipom}}
| Aipom
+
|- style="background: #fff"
| Cherubi
 
| Aipom
 
|- style="background: #eee;"
 
 
| Pokémon 5 (5%)
 
| Pokémon 5 (5%)
| Cherubi
+
| {{p|Cherubi}} || {{p|Heracross}} || {{p|Aipom}} || {{p|Aipom}}
| Heracross
+
|-
| Aipom
+
| style="background: #fff; {{roundybl|5px}}" | Pokémon 6 (5%)
| Aipom
+
| style="background: #fff" | {{p|Aipom}}
|- style="background: #ddd;"
+
| style="background: #fff" | {{p|Wurmple}}
| Pokémon 6 (5%)
+
| style="background: #fff" | {{p|Aipom}}
| Aipom
+
| style="background: #fff; {{roundybr|5px}}" | {{p|Heracross}}
| Wurmple
 
| Aipom
 
| Heracross
 
 
|}
 
|}
   
  +
When honey is slathered on a tree, if that tree is also the last tree that was slathered, there is a 90% chance that the game will pick the same group as it did the last time. If the tree's last slathering did not produce any Pokémon, it will be treated as if the tree had selected Group A.
   
The {{background|FFFF99|shake value}} is also randomized, and the chances for each value differ by {{background|99FF99|set}}.
+
===Shaking===
{| border=1 style="text-align:center; background: #fff; border:1px solid #000; border-collapse:collapse;"
+
Very roughly speaking, the more a tree shakes, the more likely it is a rare Pokémon will appear. The amount that a tree shakes is randomly decided depending on the group that was selected for the tree.
|- style="background: #C0C0FF;"
+
{| class="roundy" style="text-align: center; background: #{{items color dark}}; border: 3px solid #{{items color dark}}"
! Shake
+
|-
! Set 1
+
! style="background: #{{items color light}}; {{roundytl|5px}}" | Shakes
! Set 2
+
! style="background: #{{items color light}}" | Group A
! Munchlax
+
! style="background: #{{items color light}}" | Group B
|- style="background: #eee;"
+
! style="background: #{{items color light}}; {{roundytr|5px}}" | {{tt|Group C|Munchlax}}
| 0
+
|- style="background: #fff"
| 20%
+
| 0 || 20% || 1% || 1%
| 1%
+
|- style="background: #fff"
| 1%
+
| 1 || 59% || 20% || 1%
|- style="background: #ddd;"
+
|- style="background: #fff"
| 1
+
| 2 || 20% || 75% || 5%
| 59%
+
|-
| 20%
+
| style="background: #fff; {{roundybl|5px}}" | 3
| 1%
+
| style="background: #fff" | 1%
|- style="background: #eee;"
+
| style="background: #fff" | 4%
| 2
+
| style="background: #fff; {{roundybr|5px}}" | 93%
| 20%
 
| 75%
 
| 5%
 
|- style="background: #ddd;"
 
| 3
 
| 1%
 
| 4%
 
| 93%
 
 
|}
 
|}
In general, trees that shake more energetically are more likely to contain rarer Pokémon.
 
   
==Pokémon==
+
===Pokémon===
Note: If the last tree where a Pokémon was encountered is slathered again, then there is an initial 90% chance that the tree will attract a Pokémon from the same set that was used before. This can render the below rates inaccurate. See [[#Technical mechanics|above]] for an explanation of the sets and Pokémon's exact rarities.
+
If the tree being slathered was also the last tree slathered (and the tree is empty), there is a 90% chance that the tree will attract a Pokémon from the same group that was used before. This will render the rates below inaccurate. See [[#Pokémon groups|above]] for an explanation of the sets and the exact rarities of Pokémon.
   
 
{{catch/header|land|no}}
 
{{catch/header|land|no}}
Line 186: Line 186:
 
==References==
 
==References==
 
<references/>
 
<references/>
  +
  +
==External links==
  +
* [http://projectpokemon.org/wiki/Honey_Tree Honey Tree - Project Pokemon Wiki]
   
 
{{-}}
 
{{-}}

Revision as of 15:30, 13 August 2014

One of the trees to which Honey may be applied.

Honey (Japanese: あまいミツ Sweet Honey) is an item that was introduced in Generation IV. This item can be used on special, golden-colored trees in Sinnoh to attract Pokémon—most of which can only be caught in the wild by use of these trees.

When activated in tall grass, Honey acts in a manner similar to the move Sweet Scent, starting a wild Pokémon battle. The same is true in Pokémon X and Y, but if the area has Horde Encounters, using Honey will trigger one.

Honey locations

Bag Honey Sprite.png

Honey is first obtained after the player saves a Honey-selling man from Team Galactic in Floaroma Meadow, near Floaroma Town. He will reward the player with some of his Honey. From then onwards, the player will be able to purchase Honey one at a time from him in Floaroma Meadow for PokémonDollar.png100 each.

Multiple units of Honey (two in Diamond and Pearl, six in Platinum) are hidden in Floaroma Meadow and may be found using the Dowsing Machine Pokétch app. In Platinum, after the initial six hidden Honeys are found, two will regenerate in the same locations each day thereafter.[1]

There are many units of Honey scattered throughout the region, from Route 205 to Route 222. These include two hidden units of Honey, one in a yellow crate in the kitchen of the Old Chateau and another on a solitary gravestone on floor 2F of the Lost Tower.

Honey can also be obtained easily through the use of Combee's special Ability, Honey Gather. If a Combee is not already holding an item, it can randomly collect Honey after a battle, with the odds of finding Honey increasing as the Combee levels up. Wild Combee are always holding a unit of Honey.

In Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, Honey can be purchased at Join Avenue Markets.

Honey trees

Once Honey is slathered on a Honey tree and at least 6 real-time hours have passed, a Pokémon may appear on the tree. If a tree is left unchecked for 24 hours, both the Honey and any Pokémon will be gone. Changing the Nintendo DS's clock will have no impact on the Honey tree's timer.

There are 21 Honey trees spread throughout Sinnoh. Four of them have a chance to attract Munchlax; these trees are selected based on player information when the game begins, and cannot be changed short of starting a new game. Any tree has a 90% chance to attract a Pokémon from one of two groups of Pokémon, described below. Munchlax trees have a 1% chance of attracting a Munchlax and a 9% chance of not attracting any Pokémon, while all other trees have a 10% chance of not attracting any Pokémon.

The Pokémon is determined at the time of slathering the tree. Saving the game, resetting, and re-checking a tree after a Pokémon has appeared will not change the Pokémon, but its level, gender, Nature, IVs, and other random values will change.

Locations

Munchlax trees

Which four honey trees can contain Munchlax depends on the player's Trainer ID and secret ID[2] (referred to herein as tid and sid). These numbers are 2-byte values, and the game splits each into single bytes. tid1 and sid1 will refer to the lower byte of each ID number (calculable by id % 256), while tid2 and sid2 will refer to the higher byte (calculable by id / 256).

The location of the four Munchlax trees is then determined as follows:

A = sid1 % 21
B = sid2 % 21
C = tid1 % 21
D = tid2 % 21

The game checks if any of these are equal. If A is equal to B, B is increased by 1. The game then checks A against C, followed by B against C, adding 1 to C if it is equal after either check. Then the game checks A against D, followed by B against D, and then C against D, and adds 1 to D if it is equal after any of the checks. If at any point any of B, C, or D would equal 21, they are set to 0 instead.

The final values of A, B, C, and D represent the locations of the Munchlax trees. The number can be treated as a 0-based index into the list of Honey tree locations above. That is, if A = 10, that means the Honey tree on Route 212 south can contain Munchlax.

Pokémon groups

Whereas most areas only need to choose a random Pokémon for the player to encounter, honey trees must first choose one of three groups of Pokémon (shown in the table below) before choosing which Pokémon therein for the player to encounter. For most honey trees, only two of the groups (A and B) can actually be chosen. These trees also have a 10% chance of not producing a Pokémon when honey is slathered on them. Munchlax trees, however, have a 1% chance of finding a Munchlax and a 9% chance of not producing an encounter.

Diamond/Pearl Group C
(0%/1%)
Platinum
Group A (20%) Group B (70%) Group A (20%) Group B (70%)
Pokémon 1 (40%) Wurmple Combee Munchlax Combee Burmy
Pokémon 2 (20%) SilcoonD
CascoonP
Burmy Wurmple Cherubi
Pokémon 3 (20%) Combee Cherubi Burmy Combee
Pokémon 4 (10%) Burmy Aipom Cherubi Aipom
Pokémon 5 (5%) Cherubi Heracross Aipom Aipom
Pokémon 6 (5%) Aipom Wurmple Aipom Heracross

When honey is slathered on a tree, if that tree is also the last tree that was slathered, there is a 90% chance that the game will pick the same group as it did the last time. If the tree's last slathering did not produce any Pokémon, it will be treated as if the tree had selected Group A.

Shaking

Very roughly speaking, the more a tree shakes, the more likely it is a rare Pokémon will appear. The amount that a tree shakes is randomly decided depending on the group that was selected for the tree.

Shakes Group A Group B Group C
0 20% 1% 1%
1 59% 20% 1%
2 20% 75% 5%
3 1% 4% 93%

Pokémon

If the tree being slathered was also the last tree slathered (and the tree is empty), there is a 90% chance that the tree will attract a Pokémon from the same group that was used before. This will render the rates below inaccurate. See above for an explanation of the sets and the exact rarities of Pokémon.

  Pokémon     Games     Location     Levels     Rate  
Munchlax tree
190 Aipom
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 8%
190 Aipom
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 12.5%
214 Heracross
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 3.5%
265 Wurmple
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 11.5%
265 Wurmple
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 4%
266 Silcoon
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 4%
268 Cascoon
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 4%
412 Burmy
Plant Cloak
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 16%
412 Burmy
Plant Cloak
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 32%
415 Combee
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 32%
415 Combee
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 22%
420 Cherubi
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 15%
420 Cherubi
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 16%
446 Munchlax
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 1%
000 None
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
9%
Non-Munchlax tree
190 Aipom
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 5.5%
190 Aipom
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 10%
214 Heracross
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 1%
265 Wurmple
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 29%
265 Wurmple
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 14%
266 Silcoon
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 14%
268 Cascoon
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 14%
412 Burmy
Plant Cloak
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 11%
412 Burmy
Plant Cloak
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 22%
415 Combee
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 22%
415 Combee
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 32%
420 Cherubi
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 7.5%
420 Cherubi
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
5-15 11%
000 None
D P Pt
Honey Honey tree
10%
A colored background means that the Pokémon can be found in this location in the specified game. A white background with a colored letter means that the Pokémon cannot be found here.

Flavor text

Games Description

A sweet honey with a lush aroma that attracts wild Pokémon when it is used in grass, caves, or on special trees.
A sweet honey with a lush aroma that attracts wild Pokémon when it is used in tall grass, in caves, or on special trees.

In the anime

Barry slathering honey on a tree

In Some Enchanted Sweetening!, Cheryl wanted to find Enchanted Honey, the honey gathered by Combee, in the Eterna Forest. With the help of Ash and his friends, and with her Mothim leading the way, she located the hive of a Vespiquen and its many worker Combee. After helping defend the hive from Team Rocket, the Vespiquen shared some of its Enchanted Honey with Cheryl, Ash, his friends, and some of their Pokémon. All of them loved the Enchanted Honey, except for Brock's Croagunk, who looked disgusted by the sweet flavor.

Some Honey was shown again in A Trainer and Child Reunion!, where it attracted a Munchlax, much like in the games.

In a flashback in Historical Mystery Tour!, it was revealed that Barry used Honey to attract what would become his Heracross.

In the TCG

Honey is held by Combee (Stormfront 57).

Artwork

This is the artwork of Honey as seen on the Pokémon Global Link.

Dream Honey Sprite.png
Honey

Trivia

  • The feature was originally planned for Pokémon Gold and Silver. In the games' code, there is unused text that mentions an item called "Sweet Honey", which could be used to attract Pokémon by slathering it on a tree and waiting about a day. It was possibly replaced by the move Sweet Scent and the ability to use Headbutt on small trees throughout the Johto region.
  • Using Honey (or Sweet Scent) inside a shop or Poké Mart will cause the descriptive text of purchasable items to vanish until the player leaves the shop. This is known as the Honey shop glitch and only occurs in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl.
  • Although it is obtainable in all games after Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, Honey serves no purpose in these games beyond its "Sweet Scent" effect.
  • Despite its Japanese name, Pokémon who do not like sweet flavors can still be attracted with this item.

In other languages

Language Title
Finland Flag.png Finnish Hunaja
France Flag.png French Miel
Germany Flag.png German Honig
Italy Flag.png Italian Miele
South Korea Flag.png Korean 달콤한꿀 Dalkomhan Kkul
Spain Flag.png Spanish Miel

References

External links


Project ItemDex logo.png This item article is part of Project ItemDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on all items.