Difference between revisions of "Honey"

From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search
m
(Read the linked article (and this article's history); rarer Pokemon are more likely in Munchlax trees as they generate from the columns with a different frequency distribution. Why was this deleted?)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
{{samename|island in the [[Decolore Islands]]|Honey Island}}
 
{{samename|island in the [[Decolore Islands]]|Honey Island}}
 
----
 
----
'''Honey''' (Japanese: '''あまいミツ''' ''Sweet Honey'') is an item that was introduced in [[Generation IV]]. This item can be used on special, golden-colored trees in [[Sinnoh]] to attract Pokémon—most of which can only be caught in the wild by use of these trees.
+
'''Honey''' (Japanese: '''あまいミツ''' ''Sweet Honey'') is an item that was introduced in [[Generation IV]]. This item can be used on special, golden-colored trees in [[Sinnoh]] to attract Pokémon—most of which can only be found in the wild in those games by use of these trees.
 
It was originally planned for [[Generation II]], where unused text refers to an item called '''Sweet Honey''' (Japanese: '''あまいミツ''' ''Sweet Honey''), which could be used to attract Pokémon by slathering it on a tree and waiting about a day. The concept was probably split into [[Headbutt (move)/Wild Pokémon|Headbutt tree]]s and the [[move]] {{m|Sweet Scent}}.
 
   
 
==In the games==
 
==In the games==
Line 8: Line 8:
   
 
===Effect===
 
===Effect===
When activated in [[tall grass]], Honey acts in a manner similar to the move {{m|Sweet Scent}}, starting a [[wild Pokémon]] battle. In [[Generation VI]], this will trigger a [[Horde Encounter]] if they are present in the area.
+
When used in [[tall grass]], Honey acts in a manner similar to the move {{m|Sweet Scent}}, starting a [[wild Pokémon]] battle. In [[Generation VI]], this will trigger a [[Horde Encounter]] if they are present in the area.
   
 
In [[Sinnoh]], honey can be slathered on [[#Honey trees|trees]] in order to attract Pokémon.
 
In [[Sinnoh]], honey can be slathered on [[#Honey trees|trees]] in order to attract Pokémon.
Line 14: Line 14:
 
===Locations===
 
===Locations===
 
====[[Generation IV]]====
 
====[[Generation IV]]====
In {{3v|Diamond|Pearl|Platinum}}, Honey is first obtained after the player saves a Honey-selling man from [[Team Galactic]] in [[Floaroma Meadow]], near [[Floaroma Town]]. He will reward the player with some of his Honey. From then onwards, the {{player}} will be able to purchase Honey one at a time from him in Floaroma Meadow for {{PDollar}}100 each.
+
In {{3v|Diamond|Pearl|Platinum}}, Honey is first obtained after the player saves a Honey-selling man from [[Team Galactic]] in [[Floaroma Meadow]], near [[Floaroma Town]]. He will reward the player with some of his Honey. From then onwards, the {{player}} will be able to purchase Honey from him in Floaroma Meadow for {{PDollar}}100 each.
   
 
Multiple units of Honey (two in Diamond and Pearl, six in Platinum) are hidden in Floaroma Meadow and may be found using the {{DL|Pokétch|Dowsing Machine}} Pokétch app. In Platinum, after the initial six hidden Honeys are found, two will regenerate in the same locations each day thereafter.<ref>[http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/946308/56280 Liquefy's Hidden Items Guide for Platinum]</ref>
 
Multiple units of Honey (two in Diamond and Pearl, six in Platinum) are hidden in Floaroma Meadow and may be found using the {{DL|Pokétch|Dowsing Machine}} Pokétch app. In Platinum, after the initial six hidden Honeys are found, two will regenerate in the same locations each day thereafter.<ref>[http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/946308/56280 Liquefy's Hidden Items Guide for Platinum]</ref>
Line 35: Line 35:
   
 
====As a [[held item]]====
 
====As a [[held item]]====
{{p|Combee}} always have hold a jar of Honey when found in the {{pkmn2|wild}}. {{p|Surskit}} found via [[DexNav]] also have a chance of holding Honey.
+
{{p|Combee}} always hold a jar of Honey when found in the {{pkmn2|wild}}. {{p|Surskit}} found via [[DexNav]] also have a chance of holding Honey.
   
 
In addition, Pokémon with the [[ability]] {{a|Honey Gather}} have a chance to pick up a jar of Honey after battle. The higher the Pokémon's [[level]] is, the better its chances are.
 
In addition, Pokémon with the [[ability]] {{a|Honey Gather}} have a chance to pick up a jar of Honey after battle. The higher the Pokémon's [[level]] is, the better its chances are.
Line 42: Line 42:
 
Once Honey is slathered on a Honey tree and at least 6 real-time hours have passed, a Pokémon may appear on the tree. If a tree is left unchecked for 24 hours, both the Honey and any Pokémon will be gone. Changing the [[Nintendo DS]]'s clock will have no impact on the Honey tree's timer.
 
Once Honey is slathered on a Honey tree and at least 6 real-time hours have passed, a Pokémon may appear on the tree. If a tree is left unchecked for 24 hours, both the Honey and any Pokémon will be gone. Changing the [[Nintendo DS]]'s clock will have no impact on the Honey tree's timer.
   
There are 21 Honey trees spread throughout Sinnoh. Four of them have a chance to attract {{p|Munchlax}}; these trees are selected based on player information when the game begins, and cannot be changed short of starting a new game. Any tree has a 90% chance to attract a Pokémon from one of two groups of Pokémon, described below. Munchlax trees have a 1% chance of attracting a Munchlax and a 9% chance of not attracting any Pokémon, while all other trees have a 10% chance of not attracting any Pokémon.
+
There are 21 Honey trees spread throughout Sinnoh. Only four of them ever have a chance to attract {{p|Munchlax}}; these trees are essentially randomly selected (based on the player's [[Trainer ID]] and [[Secret ID]]) when the game begins, cannot be visually distinguished, and cannot be changed short of starting a new game. Munchlax trees, in general, are more likely to contain rarer wild Pokémon species, Munchlax itself included.
   
The Pokémon is determined at the time of slathering the tree. Saving the game, resetting, and re-checking a tree after a Pokémon has appeared will not change the Pokémon, but its [[level]], [[gender]], [[Nature]], [[individual values|IVs]], and other random values will change.
+
The species of Pokémon (or whether one will appear at all) is determined at the time the tree is slathered, thus saving the game, resetting, and re-checking a tree after a Pokémon has appeared will not change the Pokémon. However, its [[level]], [[gender]], [[Nature]], [[individual values|IVs]], and other random values are likely to change.
   
 
====Locations====
 
====Locations====
Line 83: Line 83:
   
 
====Pokémon groups====
 
====Pokémon groups====
Whereas most areas only need to choose a random Pokémon for the player to encounter, honey trees must first choose one of three groups of Pokémon (shown in the table below) before choosing which Pokémon therein for the player to encounter. For most honey trees, only two of the groups (A and B) can actually be chosen. These trees also have a 10% chance of not producing a Pokémon when honey is slathered on them. Munchlax trees, however, have a 1% chance of finding a Munchlax and a 9% chance of not producing an encounter.
+
When the game generates a species of wild Pokémon to appear on a honey tree, it in fact first chooses from one of three possible "groups" of Pokémon before randomly choosing from within that group. These groups are shown in the table below. The 17 non-Munchlax trees have a 70% chance of choosing from Group A, a 20% chance of choosing from Group B, a 0% chance of choosing from Group C, and a 10% chance of not choosing any Pokémon at all (causing the player's Honey to be wasted). The four Munchlax trees have a 20% chance of choosing from Group A, a 70% chance of choosing from Group B, a 1% chance of choosing from Group C, and a 9% chance of not choosing any Pokémon to encounter at all.
   
 
{| class="roundy" style="text-align: center; background: #{{gold color}}; border: 3px solid #{{gold color dark}}"
 
{| class="roundy" style="text-align: center; background: #{{gold color}}; border: 3px solid #{{gold color dark}}"
Line 89: Line 89:
 
! style="background: #{{gold color light}}; {{roundytl|5px}}" rowspan=2 |
 
! style="background: #{{gold color light}}; {{roundytl|5px}}" rowspan=2 |
 
! style="background: #{{gold color light}}" colspan=2 | [[Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Versions|{{color|{{diamond color}}|Diamond}}/{{color|{{pearl color}}|Pearl}}]]
 
! style="background: #{{gold color light}}" colspan=2 | [[Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Versions|{{color|{{diamond color}}|Diamond}}/{{color|{{pearl color}}|Pearl}}]]
! style="background: #{{gold color light}}; padding: 0px 10px" rowspan=2 | Group C<br>({{tt|0%/1%|1% if the tree is a Munchlax tree}})
+
! style="background: #{{gold color light}}; padding: 0px 10px" rowspan=2 | Group C<br>({{tt|0%/1%|1% only if the tree is a Munchlax tree}})
 
! style="background: #{{gold color light}}; {{roundytr|5px}}" colspan=2 | [[Pokémon Platinum Version|{{color|{{platinum color dark}}|Platinum}}]]
 
! style="background: #{{gold color light}}; {{roundytr|5px}}" colspan=2 | [[Pokémon Platinum Version|{{color|{{platinum color dark}}|Platinum}}]]
 
|- style="background: #{{gold color light}}"
 
|- style="background: #{{gold color light}}"
! Group A (20%) || Group B (70%) || Group A (20%) || Group B (70%)
+
! Group A (70%/20%) || Group B (20%/70%) || Group A (70%/20%) || Group B (20%/70%)
 
|- style="background: #fff"
 
|- style="background: #fff"
 
| Pokémon 1 (40%)
 
| Pokémon 1 (40%)
Line 116: Line 116:
 
|}
 
|}
   
When honey is slathered on a tree, if that tree is also the last tree that was slathered, there is a 90% chance that the game will pick the same group as it did the last time. If the tree's last slathering did not produce any Pokémon, it will be treated as if the tree had selected Group A.
+
If Honey is slathered on the same tree twice in a row (not necessarily immediately after, as long as no other tree was slathered in between), there is a 90% chance that the game will automatically pick the same group as it did the last time. If the tree's last slathering did not produce any Pokémon, it will be treated{{fact}} as if the tree had selected Group A.
   
 
====Shaking====
 
====Shaking====
Line 143: Line 143:
   
 
{{catch/header|land|no}}
 
{{catch/header|land|no}}
  +
{{catch/div|land|Non-Munchlax tree}}
  +
{{catch/entry4|190|Aipom|yes|yes|no|Honey|5-15|all=5.5%}}
  +
{{catch/entry4|190|Aipom|no|no|yes|Honey|5-15|all=10%}}
  +
{{catch/entry4|214|Heracross|yes|yes|yes|Honey|5-15|all=1%|type1=bug|type2=fighting}}
  +
{{catch/entry4|265|Wurmple|yes|yes|no|Honey|5-15|all=29%|type1=bug}}
  +
{{catch/entry4|265|Wurmple|no|no|yes|Honey|5-15|all=14%|type1=bug}}
  +
{{catch/entry4|266|Silcoon|yes|no|no|Honey|5-15|all=14%|type1=bug}}
  +
{{catch/entry4|268|Cascoon|no|yes|no|Honey|5-15|all=14%|type1=bug}}
  +
{{catch/entry4|412|Burmy|yes|yes|no|Honey|5-15|all=11%|type1=bug|type2=grass}}
  +
{{catch/entry4|412|Burmy|no|no|yes|Honey|5-15|all=22%|type1=bug|type2=grass}}
  +
{{catch/entry4|415|Combee|yes|yes|no|Honey|5-15|all=22%|type1=bug|type2=flying}}
  +
{{catch/entry4|415|Combee|no|no|yes|Honey|5-15|all=32%|type1=bug|type2=flying}}
  +
{{catch/entry4|420|Cherubi|yes|yes|no|Honey|5-15|all=7.5%|type1=grass}}
  +
{{catch/entry4|420|Cherubi|no|no|yes|Honey|5-15|all=11%|type1=grass}}
  +
{{catch/entry4|000|None|yes|yes|yes|Honey||all=10%|type1=black}}
  +
{{catch/div|land|Munchlax tree}}
 
{{catch/entry4|190|Aipom|yes|yes|no|Honey|5-15|all=8%}}
 
{{catch/entry4|190|Aipom|yes|yes|no|Honey|5-15|all=8%}}
 
{{catch/entry4|190|Aipom|no|no|yes|Honey|5-15|all=12.5%}}
 
{{catch/entry4|190|Aipom|no|no|yes|Honey|5-15|all=12.5%}}
Line 156: Line 172:
 
{{catch/entry4|420|Cherubi|yes|yes|no|Honey|5-15|all=15%|type1=grass}}
 
{{catch/entry4|420|Cherubi|yes|yes|no|Honey|5-15|all=15%|type1=grass}}
 
{{catch/entry4|420|Cherubi|no|no|yes|Honey|5-15|all=16%|type1=grass}}
 
{{catch/entry4|420|Cherubi|no|no|yes|Honey|5-15|all=16%|type1=grass}}
{{catch/div|land|Munchlax tree}}
 
 
{{catch/entry4|446|Munchlax|yes|yes|yes|Honey|5-15|all=1%}}
 
{{catch/entry4|446|Munchlax|yes|yes|yes|Honey|5-15|all=1%}}
 
{{catch/entry4|000|None|yes|yes|yes|Honey||all=9%|type1=black}}
 
{{catch/entry4|000|None|yes|yes|yes|Honey||all=9%|type1=black}}
{{catch/div|land|Non-Munchlax tree}}
 
{{catch/entry4|000|None|yes|yes|yes|Honey||all=10%|type1=black}}
 
 
{{catch/footer|land}}
 
{{catch/footer|land}}
   
Line 192: Line 205:
 
==In the TCG==
 
==In the TCG==
 
Honey is held by [[Combee (Stormfront 57)]].
 
Honey is held by [[Combee (Stormfront 57)]].
  +
  +
==Trivia==
  +
* Honey may originally have been planned for [[Generation II]], where unused text refers to an item called '''Sweet Honey''' (Japanese: '''あまいミツ''' ''Sweet Honey''), which could be used to attract Pokémon by slathering it on a tree and waiting about a day, nearly identical to its behavior in Generation IV. The concept was probably split into [[Headbutt (move)/Wild Pokémon|Headbutt tree]]s and the [[move]] {{m|Sweet Scent}}.
   
 
==In other languages==
 
==In other languages==
Line 208: Line 224:
 
==External links==
 
==External links==
 
* [http://projectpokemon.org/wiki/Honey_Tree Honey Tree - Project Pokemon Wiki]
 
* [http://projectpokemon.org/wiki/Honey_Tree Honey Tree - Project Pokemon Wiki]
  +
* [http://www.dragonflycave.com/honeytrees.aspx Honey Tress | The Cave of Dragonflies]
 
{{-}}
 
{{-}}
 
{{Project ItemDex notice}}
 
{{Project ItemDex notice}}

Revision as of 03:37, 13 June 2015

If you were looking for the island in the Decolore Islands, see Honey Island.

Honey (Japanese: あまいミツ Sweet Honey) is an item that was introduced in Generation IV. This item can be used on special, golden-colored trees in Sinnoh to attract Pokémon—most of which can only be found in the wild in those games by use of these trees.

In the games

Bag Honey Sprite.png
One of the trees to which Honey may be applied.

Effect

When used in tall grass, Honey acts in a manner similar to the move Sweet Scent, starting a wild Pokémon battle. In Generation VI, this will trigger a Horde Encounter if they are present in the area.

In Sinnoh, honey can be slathered on trees in order to attract Pokémon.

Locations

Generation IV

In Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Versions, Honey is first obtained after the player saves a Honey-selling man from Team Galactic in Floaroma Meadow, near Floaroma Town. He will reward the player with some of his Honey. From then onwards, the player will be able to purchase Honey from him in Floaroma Meadow for PokémonDollar.png100 each.

Multiple units of Honey (two in Diamond and Pearl, six in Platinum) are hidden in Floaroma Meadow and may be found using the Dowsing Machine Pokétch app. In Platinum, after the initial six hidden Honeys are found, two will regenerate in the same locations each day thereafter.[1]

There are many units of Honey scattered throughout the region, from Route 205 to Route 222. These include two hidden units of Honey, one in a yellow crate in the kitchen of the Old Chateau and another on a solitary gravestone on floor 2F of the Lost Tower.

In HeartGold and SoulSilver, Honey can be found on the Big Forest, Resort, and Sightseeing PokéWalker routes.

Generation V

In White, the player can receive a jar of Honey from Gentleman Frederic once a day, as long as he is present in White Forest.

In Black 2 and White 2, Honey can be purchased at Join Avenue Markets.

Honey was also an item that could be found in the Dream Park, but the Dream World service has been discontinued as of January 14, 2014.

Generation VI

In X and Y, the player can find respawning jars of Honey on Routes 12, 18, and at Pokémon Village. They can also find three jars on on Route 4, and will recieve three more from Trevor on 5, when he teaches the player about Horde Encounters.

In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, the player may obtain a jar of Honey once a day from a Bug Maniac in Fallarbor Town's Pokémon Center.

As a held item

Combee always hold a jar of Honey when found in the wild. Surskit found via DexNav also have a chance of holding Honey.

In addition, Pokémon with the ability Honey Gather have a chance to pick up a jar of Honey after battle. The higher the Pokémon's level is, the better its chances are.

Honey trees

Once Honey is slathered on a Honey tree and at least 6 real-time hours have passed, a Pokémon may appear on the tree. If a tree is left unchecked for 24 hours, both the Honey and any Pokémon will be gone. Changing the Nintendo DS's clock will have no impact on the Honey tree's timer.

There are 21 Honey trees spread throughout Sinnoh. Only four of them ever have a chance to attract Munchlax; these trees are essentially randomly selected (based on the player's Trainer ID and Secret ID) when the game begins, cannot be visually distinguished, and cannot be changed short of starting a new game. Munchlax trees, in general, are more likely to contain rarer wild Pokémon species, Munchlax itself included.

The species of Pokémon (or whether one will appear at all) is determined at the time the tree is slathered, thus saving the game, resetting, and re-checking a tree after a Pokémon has appeared will not change the Pokémon. However, its level, gender, Nature, IVs, and other random values are likely to change.

Locations

Munchlax trees

Which four honey trees can contain Munchlax depends on the player's Trainer ID and secret ID[2] (referred to herein as tid and sid). These numbers are 2-byte values, and the game splits each into single bytes. tid1 and sid1 will refer to the lower byte of each ID number (calculable by id % 256), while tid2 and sid2 will refer to the higher byte (calculable by id / 256).

The location of the four Munchlax trees is then determined as follows:

A = sid1 % 21
B = sid2 % 21
C = tid1 % 21
D = tid2 % 21

The game checks if any of these are equal. If A is equal to B, B is increased by 1. The game then checks A against C, followed by B against C, adding 1 to C if it is equal after either check. Then the game checks A against D, followed by B against D, and then C against D, and adds 1 to D if it is equal after any of the checks. If at any point any of B, C, or D would equal 21, they are set to 0 instead.

The final values of A, B, C, and D represent the locations of the Munchlax trees. The number can be treated as a 0-based index into the list of Honey tree locations above. That is, if A = 10, that means the Honey tree on Route 212 south can contain Munchlax.

Pokémon groups

When the game generates a species of wild Pokémon to appear on a honey tree, it in fact first chooses from one of three possible "groups" of Pokémon before randomly choosing from within that group. These groups are shown in the table below. The 17 non-Munchlax trees have a 70% chance of choosing from Group A, a 20% chance of choosing from Group B, a 0% chance of choosing from Group C, and a 10% chance of not choosing any Pokémon at all (causing the player's Honey to be wasted). The four Munchlax trees have a 20% chance of choosing from Group A, a 70% chance of choosing from Group B, a 1% chance of choosing from Group C, and a 9% chance of not choosing any Pokémon to encounter at all.

Diamond/Pearl Group C
(0%/1%)
Platinum
Group A (70%/20%) Group B (20%/70%) Group A (70%/20%) Group B (20%/70%)
Pokémon 1 (40%) Wurmple Combee Munchlax Combee Burmy
Pokémon 2 (20%) SilcoonD
CascoonP
Burmy Wurmple Cherubi
Pokémon 3 (20%) Combee Cherubi Burmy Combee
Pokémon 4 (10%) Burmy Aipom Cherubi Aipom
Pokémon 5 (5%) Cherubi Heracross Aipom Aipom
Pokémon 6 (5%) Aipom Wurmple Aipom Heracross

If Honey is slathered on the same tree twice in a row (not necessarily immediately after, as long as no other tree was slathered in between), there is a 90% chance that the game will automatically pick the same group as it did the last time. If the tree's last slathering did not produce any Pokémon, it will be treated[citation needed] as if the tree had selected Group A.

Shaking

Very roughly speaking, the more a tree shakes, the more likely it is a rare Pokémon will appear. The amount that a tree shakes is randomly decided depending on the group that was selected for the tree.

Shakes Group A Group B Group C
0 20% 1% 1%
1 59% 20% 1%
2 20% 75% 5%
3 1% 4% 93%

Pokémon

If the tree being slathered was also the last tree slathered (and the tree is empty), there is a 90% chance that the tree will attract a Pokémon from the same group that was used before. This will render the rates below inaccurate. See above for an explanation of the sets and the exact rarities of Pokémon.

  Pokémon     Games     Location     Levels     Rate  
Non-Munchlax tree
Aipom Aipom
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 5.5%
Aipom Aipom
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 10%
Heracross Heracross
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 1%
Wurmple Wurmple
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 29%
Wurmple Wurmple
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 14%
Silcoon Silcoon
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 14%
Cascoon Cascoon
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 14%
Burmy Burmy
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 11%
Burmy Burmy
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 22%
Combee Combee
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 22%
Combee Combee
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 32%
Cherubi Cherubi
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 7.5%
Cherubi Cherubi
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 11%
000MS3.png None
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
10%
Munchlax tree
Aipom Aipom
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 8%
Aipom Aipom
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 12.5%
Heracross Heracross
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 3.5%
Wurmple Wurmple
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 11.5%
Wurmple Wurmple
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 4%
Silcoon Silcoon
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 4%
Cascoon Cascoon
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 4%
Burmy Burmy
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 16%
Burmy Burmy
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 32%
Combee Combee
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 32%
Combee Combee
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 22%
Cherubi Cherubi
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 15%
Cherubi Cherubi
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 16%
Munchlax Munchlax
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
5-15 1%
000MS3.png None
D P Pt
Honey Honey Tree
9%
A colored background means that the Pokémon can be found in this location in the specified game. A white background with a colored letter means that the Pokémon cannot be found here.

Oddities

Using Honey (or Sweet Scent) inside a shop or Poké Mart will cause the descriptive text of purchasable items to vanish until the player leaves the shop. This is known as the Honey shop glitch and only occurs in Diamond and Pearl.

Flavor text

Games Description

A sweet honey with a lush aroma that attracts wild Pokémon when it is used in grass, caves, or on special trees.
A sweet honey with a lush aroma that attracts wild Pokémon when it is used in tall grass, in caves, or on special trees.

Artwork

This is the artwork of Honey as seen on the Pokémon Global Link.

Dream Honey Sprite.png
Honey

In the anime

Barry slathering honey on a tree

In Some Enchanted Sweetening!, Cheryl wanted to find Enchanted Honey, the honey gathered by Combee, in the Eterna Forest. With the help of Ash and his friends, and with her Mothim leading the way, she located the hive of a Vespiquen and its many worker Combee. After helping defend the hive from Team Rocket, the Vespiquen shared some of its Enchanted Honey with Cheryl, Ash, his friends, and some of their Pokémon. All of them loved the Enchanted Honey, except for Brock's Croagunk, who looked disgusted by the sweet flavor.

Some Honey was shown again in A Trainer and Child Reunion!, where it attracted a Munchlax, much like in the games.

In a flashback in Historical Mystery Tour!, it was revealed that Barry used Honey to attract what would become his Heracross.

In the TCG

Honey is held by Combee (Stormfront 57).

Trivia

  • Honey may originally have been planned for Generation II, where unused text refers to an item called Sweet Honey (Japanese: あまいミツ Sweet Honey), which could be used to attract Pokémon by slathering it on a tree and waiting about a day, nearly identical to its behavior in Generation IV. The concept was probably split into Headbutt trees and the move Sweet Scent.

In other languages

Language Title
Finland Flag.png Finnish Hunaja
France Flag.png French Miel
Germany Flag.png German Honig
Italy Flag.png Italian Miele
South Korea Flag.png Korean 달콤한꿀 Dalkomhan Kkul
Spain Flag.png Spanish Miel

References

External links


Project ItemDex logo.png This item article is part of Project ItemDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on all items.
ADVERTISEMENT