From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Heat Crash (Japanese: ヒートスタンプ Heat Stamp) is a damage-dealing Template:Type2 move introduced in Generation V. It is the signature move of Tepig and its evolutionary line.
Heat Crash does damage in base depending on the weight of both the user and the target; when the user is heavier than the target, more damage is inflicted.
The damage can be calculated in this form:
- 120 base power, if target's weight is lower or equal to ⅕ (20%) of user's weight.
- 100 base power, if target's weight is greater than ⅕ (20%) of user's weight and lower or equal to ¼ (25%) of user's weight.
- 80 base power, if target's weight is greater than ¼ (25%) of user's weight and lower or equal to ⅓ (33.3%) of user's weight.
- 60 base power, if target's weight is greater than ⅓ (33.3%) of user's weight and lower or equal to ½ of user's weight (50%).
- 40 base power, if target's weight is greater than ½ (50%) of user's weight.
Since Tepig, Pignite, Emboar will always have constant weights, we can find out which weight classes will receive how much base damage.
For the species Emboar as an example:
- 120 Base: Target must be lower than 66.14lbs.
- 100 Base: Target must be 66.14lbs - 82.7lbs.
- 80 Base: Target must be 82.7lbs - 110.1lbs.
- 60 Base: Target must be 110.1lbs - 165.4lbs.
- 40 Base: Target must be higher than 165.4lbs.
In the anime
| The user covers itself in a ball of fire before stamping down on the opponent.
|| First Used In
|| Pignite jumps high into the air and crouches its body together. It then stretches its limbs and an orb of dark red fire-like energy with yellow-orange flames around it that sometimes spark off the orb appears around it. Pignite then moves on top of the opponent and faces downwards to fall. As it does, it somersaults around so its rear is facing the opponent and it crashes down on top of it.
| Bianca's Pignite
|| Minccino-Neat and Tidy!
In other languages