From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
An evolution-inducing held item is a specific type of held item that either has no other use besides, or is mainly used in order to cause, the evolution of a Pokémon. Many of these items also require for the Pokémon to be traded with another player, however, some only require the Pokémon to be leveled up. The item disappears after the Pokémon has evolved.
List of evolution-inducing held items
- Pokémon affected: Causes Magmar to evolve into Magmortar when traded.
- Found on some wild Magby (D/P) (50% in Pearl, 5% in Diamond)
- Pokémon affected: Causes Happiny to evolve into Chansey when raised a level during the daytime.
- Pokémon affected: Causes Sneasel to evolve into Weavile when raised a level at night.
- Notes: Also raises the chance of the holder getting a critical hit.
- Pokémon affected: Causes Gligar to evolve into Gliscor when raised a level at night.
- Notes: Also raises chances of causing opponents to flinch.