From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| In the Pink
Island of Pink Pokémon
|| March 18, 1999
| United States
|| February 12, 2000
|| Team Ota
|| 武上純希 Junki Takegami
|| 横田和 Kazu Yokota
| Assistant director
|| 大町繁 Shigeru Ōmachi
| Animation director
|| たけだゆうさく Yūsaku Takeda
| No additional credits are available at this time.
In the Pink (Japanese: ピンクのポケモンじま Island of Pink Pokémon) is the 88th episode of the Pokémon anime. It was first broadcast in Japan on March 18, 1999 and in the United States on February 12, 2000.
While traveling on Lapras, the trio is caught in a whirlpool. After they regain consciousness, Tracey finds out that they are on Pinkan Island. They climb the cliffs and see a pink Rhyhorn. Tracey sketches it, and Ash, in order to prove to Misty that he knows what he's doing, races up to the Rhyhorn, who promptly knocks him away. Ash runs over to Tracey, and the two boys head for where Misty and Pikachu are. The team are cornered by the edge of the cliffs, and in order to save them, Togepi uses Metronome and Teleports them away. The Rhyhorn goes over the cliff and the team wonders how they escaped. Officer Jenny arrives and together they rescue the Rhyhorn. Jenny explains that the Pinkan Berries turn any Pokémon that eats them a lot, permanently pink.
Team Rocket, having noticed the Rhyhorn, arrive on the island and see a Jigglypuff. They think it's special until they realize Jigglypuff are always pink. They hatch a plan to catch the pink Pokémon and open their own theme park. They use their Pokémon to catch the pink ones, and Lickitung chases the wild Pokémon into a cave, and runs straight back out. A Nidoking comes out of the cave and chases Team Rocket away.
Meanwhile, Jenny is explaining how Pinkan Island is a reserve and that she won't press charges. The trio contact Professor Oak, who knew about the island and its pinkness, and he tells them about the research before Muk gives him a hug. An alarm sounds and the team offer to help Jenny. Team Rocket are still being chased and attempt to defeat Nidoking, but Jenny and the others appear. They do their motto and Ash has Pikachu use ThunderShock, thus shocking Nidoking. Nidoking throws the Rocket Pokémon at their owners and they blast off. Nidoking chases the trio and Jenny, and both Psyduck and Marill attempt to battle him, but ultimately run off scared.
Pikachu tries to shock him, but Jenny informs Ash that Nidoking is on a rampage and cannot be stopped. Nidoking uses Hyper Beam, but Togepi uses Metronome again and creates a Barrier. Jenny tells the trio to get out and run. She engages Nidoking and lassos it, and Nidoking drops to the ground dizzy. Jenny drops the team off beyond the whirlpools and Misty contemplates Togepi's actions. Ash and Tracey laugh at her suggestion of Togepi attacking. Ash notices Tracey's sketch of Officer Jenny. Misty attempts to get Togepi to attack, but is unsuccessful.
Who’s That Pokémon?: Kabuto (US); Pink Sihorn (Japan)
Pink Pokémon seen:
- The Gengar and Tauros costumes that Team Rocket are wearing made another appearance in Manectric Charge.
- It is speculated that this island is where the Pink Butterfree from Bye-Bye Butterfree is from, but this has not been officially confirmed.
- Jigglypuff does not sing in this episode.
- When Team Rocket are imagining opening up a theme park with pink Pokémon, their disguises are the same as the ones from Pokémon Fashion Flash.
- This is the second episode Togepi uses Metronome, and the first time Misty suspects that it knows this move.
- This is also the second straight episode in which a Pokémon sends Team Rocket blasting off by hitting them with its tail (and an unusual Pokémon at that).
- In the scene were the group was being chased by the pink Nidoking, Misty calls out for her Starmie when she is supposed to say Staryu. Misty had left her Starmie in Cerulean City at the time. This is in the dub only.
In other languages
- French: La vie en rose
- German: Pinkan Island
- Italian: L'isola dei Pokémon rosa
- Latin American Spanish: ¡Pokémon en rosa!
- Iberian Spanish: De color rosa
- Brazilian Portuguese: Tudo Rosa