From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
Dark Aura (Japanese: ダークオーラ Dark Aura) is an Ability introduced in Generation VI. It is the signature Ability of Yveltal.
Dark Aura increases the damage dealt by Dark-type attacks by 33% for all Pokémon on the field. This effect is inverted by Aura Break, instead dividing the power of Dark-type attacks by 1.33, resulting in approximately a 25% reduction in damage.
The effects will not stack multiple times if more than one Pokémon has this Ability.
Outside of battle
Dark Aura has no effect outside of battle.
Pokémon with Dark Aura
|Please note that this is only 100% accurate to Generation VIII games.
- For Generation III games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation IV or later and Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation IV games, ignore Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation V games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VI or later.
- For Generation VI games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VII or later.
- For Generation VII games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VIII or later.
In other games
Dark Aura boosts the power of Dark-type moves of all Pokémon in the same floor by about 40-45%. This effect is reversed by Aura Break.
||Dark-type moves of all Pokémon become more powerful!
In the anime
In other languages