From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Pokémon Ranger: Heatran Rescue!
Pokémon Ranger! Heatran Rescue Mission!!
|| March 18, 2010
| United States
|| October 16, 2010
|| Team Kato
|| 武上純希 Junki Takegami
|| 小山賢 Masaru Koyama
| Assistant director
|| 小山賢 Masaru Koyama
| Animation director
|| 小山知洋 Tomohiro Koyama
| No additional credits are available at this time.
Pokémon Ranger: Heatran Rescue! (Japanese: ポケモンレンジャー！ヒードラン救出作戦！！ Pokémon Ranger! Heatran Rescue Mission!!) is the 169th episode of the Diamond & Pearl series, and the 635th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan as a 1-hour special on March 18, 2010, along with Keeping in Top Forme! and in the United States on October 16, 2010.
Ash and his friends are preparing a meal by a river. Meanwhile further upstream a Pokémon Ranger named Ben is trying to capture a Heatran. Just before he could capture it Heatran flees. Ben then catches a Pidgeot which he uses to chase after a Heatran that knows Eruption. However as he finds Heatran so does Team Rocket who sends Ben plummeting into the river. He then calls upon his Feraligatr to rescue him and take him downstream, which Feraligatr sucessfully does.
Ben then floats down the river to Ash and his friends,he introduces himself as a Pokémon Ranger. As he is talking with them he notices his Capture Styler is missing, he then asks Ash, Dawn, and Brock if they will assist him in finding Heatran. Meanwhile as Team Rocket is walking down the stream they find Ben's Capture Styler and plan to use it to capture Heatran,Meowth then has a boss fantasy of the boss using Heatran as a grill, a sauna heater and a fireplace.
Ben, Ash, Dawn, and Brock are climbing up a mountain. Ben then checks the temperature of the ground to fell if there are any volcanoes nearby.They keep going as Ben constantly checks the temperature, they then approach a cave and go inside. Team Rocket then appears and follows them inside. As they go deeper inside the cave they find a lake of lava where they spot Heatran.
Team Rocket appears again with their RoboDiglett, James tries to use the Capture Styler but fails. Ben then says he's the only one who can use it. Meowth uses the RoboDigglet to try to capture Heatran, but Heatran stops it with Eruption. The Cave wall is about to collapse and Heatran is in trouble. Ben bravely goes and helps Heatran, Ash and Dawn help him by cooling down the floor. Ben takes the Capture Styler from James, but the floor under him crumbles and the Styler falls into the lava. Pikachu uses thunderbolt on team rocket and Meowth drops the RoboDigglet remote into the lava. Heatran then destroyed the RoboDigglet with Eruption. Heatran is holding on to a rock that is falling into the lava, Ben the summons Feraligatr who uses Ice Beam on the lava. Heatran is saved then Ben captures it and they escape the cave as it collapses.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
TV episode debuts
- There is no Professor Oak's Pokémon lecture following this episode, instead being replaced by a trailer for the thirteenth movie.
- Despite having being made a Partner Pokémon by Ben in the Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs specials, Ukulele Pichu does not appear in this episode.
- Background music from Pokémon Heroes, Destiny Deoxys, and Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea is used.
- Similar to the previous two Ranger specials, the English dub of this episode followed a different order than the Japanese order when first aired, airing between A Grand Fight for Winning and For The Love Of Meowth! so as to be closer to the release of its respective Ranger game, in this case Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs.
- Unlike the Riolu specials, this episode was returned to its original position in the season after the first airing. However, Pokémon.com lists its placement in dub season 13 before Keeping in Top Forme! rather than after it.
- At one point, Jessie calls Ash by the name instead of calling him a "twerp".
- In the Japanese version the Narrator mentions during the opening and closing monologues that the gang are on their way to Valor Lakefront for the Grand Festival, however due to the dubbed episode being postponed so it could air nearer the release of Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs (at which point the gang were now on the way to Sunyshore City) both speeches are changed so that the group's destination isn't mentioned.
In other languages
| Mandarin Chinese
|| Pokémon Ranger: Heatran Redding!
|| Hiipivä ranger, piilotettu Heatran!
|| Heiß, heißer, Heatran!
|| Pokémon Ranger: il salvataggio di Heatran!
|| Patrulheiro Pokémon: O Resgate de Heatran!
|| Ranger Pokemon - O Resgate de Heatran
|| Latin America
|| Guardia Pokémon: El rescate de Heatran
|| Pokémon Ranger: El rescate de Heatran
|| Pokémon-ranger: Rädda Heatran