From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is about an episode of the Pokémon anime that has not been dubbed into English. As such, its coverage may contain romanized Japanese names, rather than dub names.
| Dressed for Jess Success!
| ポケモンコンテスト！ スイレン大会！！|
Pokémon Contest! Suiren Tournament!!
|| October 1, 2009
| United States
|| February 27, 2010
Dressed for Jess Success! (Japanese: ポケモンコンテスト！ スイレン大会！！ Pokémon Contest! Suiren Tournament!!) is the 146th episode of the Diamond & Pearl series, and the 612th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan as a 1 hour special on October 1, 2009, along with A Rivalry to Gible On! and will air in the United States on February 27, 2010.
Dawn and Jessie wish to enter the Contest, but Jessie gets sick. To help his friend, James disguises himself as Jessalina and takes her place. Will Dawn be able to win her fifth ribbon with Mamoswine?
- James participates in his first Pokémon Contest.
- Dawn's Mamoswine is also entered for the first time in a contest.
- Dawn is knocked out of the Contest in the semi-final, and suffers her first loss to 'Jessalina'.
- James wins the Lilypad Contest, earning Jessie her third ribbon.
- With the exception of those owned by main characters, all of the Pokémon that are seen to be entered in the Lilypad Contest were introduced in Generation II.
- Instead of Professor Oak's Lecture, a preview of the Team Galactic finale was shown, which was revealed to be airing in November 2009 in Japan.
- This is the first episode since One Team, Two Team, Red Team, Blue Team! to have Piplup returned to his Poké Ball for a period of time.
- This marks the first time Dawn's whole team did not cheer for her in a contest.
- James's win of the Lilypad Contest marks the first time a main character participated in a Pokémon Contest and won it on their first try without it ending in a tie. It is also the first time a main character won an officially sanctioned Contest on their first try.
- In addition, it also marks the first time James has cross-dressed in the Diamond and Pearl series, something that used to be a frequent running gag for him.
- This episode's English title is most likely based on the phrase dressed for success.
- One of Hitmontop's feet is miscolored.