From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| A Trainer and Child Reunion!
Four Heavenly Kings Ryou! Forest of Meeting and Separation!
|| October 23, 2008
| United States
|| March 28, 2009
|| Team Iguchi
|| 藤田伸三 Shinzō Fujita
|| 日高政光 Masamitsu Hidaka
| 山本珠代 Tamayo Yamamoto
| Assistant director
|| 細谷秋夫 Akio Hosoya
| Animation director
|| たけだゆうさく Yūsaku Takeda
| Additional credits
A Trainer and Child Reunion! (Japanese: 四天王リョウ！出会いと別れの森！ Four Heavenly Kings Ryou! Forest of Meeting and Separation!) is the 99th episode of the Diamond & Pearl series, and the 565th episode of the Pokémon anime. It aired in Japan on October 23, 2008 and in the United States on March 28, 2009.
During their journey, Ash and his friends stop by a town and where they see a large crowd. They hear that Aaron from the Elite Four is having a public practice session. The group, which decides to watch the practice, is unexpectedly invited to Aaron's training center where various Template:Type2 Pokémon live comfortably. In the center, Dawn finds a picture of a young Aaron together with a Wurmple. Aaron tells the group that the Wurmple was his first capture and his best friend.
- Details of this episode were made known in K-Zone, a children's magazine, before any official Japanese episode listing. However, the magazine stated that Aaron would appear before Celestic Town, suggesting that it was moved to fit in the one-hour specials at Celestic.
- Aaron's signature was shown in this episode. It was his Japanese name in romaji, Ryou. This was not changed in the dubbed version.
- This marks the second time that Ash's Butterfree is seen in a flashback in the Diamond & Pearl series. The first was in The Thief That Keeps on Thieving! as a Caterpie.
- The dub title is a reference to the 1972 Paul Simon song "A Mother and Child Reunion".
- Professor Oak's lecture: Charmander
In other languages
- Dutch: De Hereniging!
- German: Wiedersehen mit Freunden und Trainern!
- Korean: 사천왕 충호! 만남과 이별의 숲!
- Brazilian Portuguese: Os Experientes e os Amadores!
- Latin American Spanish: ¡Reencuentro de Pokémon Y Entrenador!
- Czech: Setkání s přítelem z minulosti
- Italian: Il Pokémon ritrovato!
- Polish: Spotkanie po latach!
- French: Une amitié retrouvée !