- Condition redirects here. For the afflictions that affect Pokémon in battle, see status condition.
A Pokémon's condition (Japanese: コンディション condition) is made up of stats that exist for use in Pokémon Contests, Super Contests, and Contest Spectaculars. There are five different condition stats: Coolness, Beauty, Cuteness, Cleverness, and Toughness.
For each of these five conditions, there are individual contest categories where Pokémon are judged by how developed they are in the relevant stat. In order to improve a condition stat, Pokémon can be given Pokéblocks and Poffins made from Berries.
A Pokémon with an enhanced condition stat will score higher when competing in a contest with the same title as that condition. A Pokémon's condition will be judged in the following rounds:
- In the primary judging of a Pokémon Contest
- In the Visual Competition of a Pokémon Super Contest
- In the Introduction Round of a Pokémon Contest Spectacular
This can also be assisted with the use of scarves. A Pokémon holding a scarf corresponding to the category of the contest entered will gain bonus points in the final score.
- Red Scarf - Boosts the Coolness of the Pokémon holding it
- Blue Scarf - Boosts the Beauty of the Pokémon holding it
- Pink Scarf - Boosts the Cuteness of the Pokémon holding it
- Green Scarf - Boosts the Cleverness of the Pokémon holding it
- Yellow Scarf - Boosts the Toughness of the Pokémon holding it
The audience reaction affects the amount of points an appeal earns. If a move excites the audience, the Pokémon will gain one extra point, but if a move bores the audience, the Pokémon will lose one of its points. The audience indifference to a move will not affect the excitement in the hall nor the Pokémon's score.
If Feebas's Beauty condition is 170 points or more, it will evolve into Milotic when it is leveled up. Prior to the introduction of the Prism Scale in Generation V, this was the only way to evolve Feebas; however, even in games that include the Prism Scale, Feebas can evolve by level up if its Beauty condition is high enough.
with high Beauty
In Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, a Pokémon's condition is viewable from the PokéNav. In Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, as well as in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and Pokémon Box: Ruby and Sapphire, condition stats are shown in the Pokémon's Summary screen.
|Generation III||Generation IV||Generation VI|
- In Black 2 and White 2, Contest conditions are referenced by an NPC in Join Avenue.
In other languages
Pokéblocks • Poffins
Cool • Beautiful • Cute • Clever • Tough
Appeal • Battle • Dance • Visual
Contest • Super Contest • Contest Shows
Coordinator • Contest Hall • Contest Pass
The Grand Festival
Kanto • Hoenn • Sinnoh
Top Coordinator • Ribbon Cup
Combinations • Opponents (III • IV • VI) • Double Performance • Jamming
Ribbons (list) • Stickers • Ball Capsules • Ranks • Judges • Announcers • Wallace Cup
|This game mechanic article is part of Project Games, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on the Pokémon games.|