From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Some Bulbapedia members have formed a project to better organise efforts pretaining to sprites on Bulbapedia. If you would like to help, please inquire on the talk page or the Bulbapedia forum. Please also read the to-do list.
Scope and aims
Project SpriteDex aims to complete and perfect Bulbapedia's sprite library. In short, any links where images should be must be replaced with the proper image, and any sprites with white backgrounds must be made transparent. Whenever the next Generation of Pokémon games is released, the project will focus its attentions on the new sprites.
All correctly categorized game sprites can be found here. However, nontransparency is easier to detect on the individual pages for each Pokémon.
To join the project, simply add your name to the bottom of this list:
- LordArceus - I absolutely hate nontransparent sprites.
- UltimateSephiroth (If I have time, I can help with the transparency of Silver sprites & Gen II shinies)
- Kogoro - Well, since I've already fixed a few transparency issues, I guess I should add myself.
- Chocolate - Some of the Gen. I sprites we have are all wrong. All sprites should face the viewer, and most of the Gen. I sprites fail to do that. I fixed a lot of them in early October, and I want to help with the rest.
- jpp8 - Helping out with transparencies and resizing.
- Stephen93 - Don't worry, I finally have it downpat! Helping with resizes and transparencies from Generations I and II, as well as uploading Gen. II sprites that are missing altogether.
Much of this project's work will involve the Bulbagarden Archives. Please make sure you know how to upload and replace images properly before doing so.
- To provide sprites of every Pokémon for every Generation
- To change all nontransparent sprites to transparent
- To make sure each sprite is correct in terms of size, orientation, etc.
This page can be used to check which ones are missing, incorrect, or non-transparent.
WARNING! The link above contains thousands of images, so make sure your browser can handle the loading.
See how the current task on our to-do list is shaping up here.
This project has no parent project.
This project currently has no subprojects.