From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is about an episode of the Pokémon anime that has not been dubbed into English. As such, its coverage may contain romanized Japanese names, rather than dub names.
My Dream, Pokémon Master!!
|| September 26, 2013
| United States
|| Team Kato
| Assistant director
| Animation director
|| 夏目久仁彦 Kunihiko Natsume
| No additional credits are available at this time.
(Japanese: オレの夢、ポケモンマスター！！ My Dream, Pokémon Master!!) is the 142nd and final episode of the Best Wishes series, and the 799th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on September 26, 2013.
After arriving in the Kanto region, Ash goes back to his hometown Pallet Town. He immediately decides to visit his Pokémon at Professor Oak's Laboratory, where he reunites with them along the companions he had during his journey through the Unova region. However, Team Rocket bursts in once again and tries to steal all the pokemon, but is sent blasting off when Ash's Unova team (including Ash's Charizard and Ash's Pikachu) each use an attack to form a group attack! Soon, it is time to leave for Kalos. Ash bids good-bye to his pokemon, and sets off for a new adventure!
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
Who's That Pokémon?: Zekrom (Japan)
- This episode was followed by a preview for SS027, narrated by Cilan and Brock, and a preview for the XY series, narrated by Ash.
- Similar to the final episodes of the previous three series, the usual To be continued is replaced with Next Time... A New Beginning!.
- This is the first time that the Dare da? Pokémon in the Japanese version doesn't make an actual appearance in the episode itself.
- The jingle that previously played from BW001 to BW019 during the title cards is used again in this episode.
- The background music used for Team Rocket's motto is the original Unova motto music that previously played from BW002 to BW006, instead of the usual Sinnoh motto music re-arrangement that has played from BW035 onwards.
- This episode is, to date, the largest gathering of all of Ash's Pokémon at one time. It should be noted that with the exception of Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Tauros and the Pokémon he traveled with in Unova and the Decolore Islands, Ash's other Pokémon only appear in a photograph shown during a post-credits scene.
- All of Ash's Unova Pokémon are seen together for the first time.
- As of this episode, Palpitoad is the Pokémon with the most episodes absent while still being in rotation of all main characters' Pokémon.
- This episode marks the first time since EP274 that no other protagonists other than Ash have appeared outside of fantasies and flashbacks.
- As of this episode, Ash's Charizard permanently returns from training in the Charicific Valley, staying behind at Professor Oak's Laboratory with the rest of Ash's Pokémon, rather than going back to the care of Liza. It marks the first time Charizard has stayed at the lab under the care of Professor Oak.
- This episode confirms Ash's Gliscor was sent to Professor Oak's Laboratory following the Lily of the Valley Conference.
- Giovanni and Matori appear in this episode with their new designs from the XY series.
- During Ash's fantasy, Misty is shown in her original series outfit instead of the clothes she wore in her later appearances, while Brock and May are wearing their most recent outfits instead.
- The pajamas that Ash wears in this episode are the same as he wore in the first episode, which is notably what he was wearing when he first met Pikachu.
- The surroundings of Ash's house are completely different from the ones showed in previous episodes. The house itself also has a sightly different appearance.
In other languages