From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!
Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!
|| September 27, 2012
| United States
|| January 19, 2013
|| Team Kato
|| 冨岡淳広 Atsuhiro Tomioka
|| 矢嶋哲生 Tetsuo Yajima
| Assistant director
|| 尼野浩正 Hiromasa Amano
| Animation director
|| 志村泉 Izumi Shimura
| No additional credits are available at this time.
Meloetta and the Undersea Temple! (Japanese: メロエッタと海底の神殿！ Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!) is the 96th episode of the Best Wishes series, and the 753rd episode of the Pokémon anime. It aired in Japan on September 27, 2012, in the UK on December 31, 2012 and in the United States on January 19, 2013.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
Who's That Pokémon?: Golurk
- Team Rocket's Pokémon Live Caster: Kami trio
- Despite having made its debut over 700 episodes ago, this is the first time when Giovanni's Persian is seen using any moves.
- This is also the first episode to show Persian's Poké Ball.
- This is also the first time when Persian is scanned with a Pokédex.
- The spiraling staircase in the Abyssal Ruins resemble the same stairs seen in the ruins shown in the previews for the two unaired episodes. Also, the way the Reveal Glass rises from the top of the stairs resembles the way the Meteonite revealed itself in the same preview.
- This episode marks the first time that Ash has a battle directly against the leader of a villainous team.
- This marks one of the very few times in the Pokémon anime when a character has threatened to kill another character, as Giovanni threatens to squash Ash and Pikachu inside of a shrinking force field cube if Meloetta doesn't give itself up.
- Background music from Arceus and the Jewel of Life, Zoroark: Master of Illusions, White—Victini and Zekrom and Black—Victini and Reshiram was used in this episode.
- This episode was aired in several countries before its airing in the US:
- On December 31, 2012, it was aired in the UK, nineteen days before the US airdate.
- On January 3, 2013, it was aired in Italy (on K2), sixteen days before the US airdate.
- On January 9, 2013, it was aired in Poland (on DisneyXD), ten days before the US airdate.
- On January 19, 2013, it was aired in Latin America, at the same time than the US airing.
- It was supposed to air in English but it was erroneously broadcasted on Cartoon Network USA via the Secondary Audio Track on all U.S and U.S Territories using the dubbed Latin American Spanish track, which was scheduled to debut on 2014.
- This is the first time that the English title is a literal and punctuative copy of the Japanese title.
In other languages