From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Three Jynx and a Baby!
Muchul and Three Rougela Sisters!
|| March 16, 2006
| United States
|| November 25, 2006
|| Team Ota
|| 武上純希 Junki Takegami
|| 川田武範 Takenori Kawada
| Assistant director
|| 嵯峨敏 Satoru Saga
| Animation director
|| 山本正文 Masafumi Yamamoto
| Additional credits
Three Jynx and a Baby! (Japanese: ムチュールとルージュラ三姉妹!! Muchul and Three Rougela Sisters!) is the 168th episode of the Advanced Generation series, and the 442nd episode of the Pokémon anime. It was first broadcast in Japan on March 16, 2006 and in the United States on November 25, 2006.
On their way to the Battle Tower, May finds a Smoochum behind a bush. She tries to pick it up, only to be attacked by three Jynx, Smoochum’s sisters. After a short battle Ash and the others leave and head for town. Soon after, Team Rocket take Smoochum and plan to make her a star. The Jynx then begin to attack the town and Ash and May hold them back before luring them to where Smoochum is. However, when they get there, Jessie has no intentions to give Smoochum back to her sisters!
- Much of the background music in this episode was taken from Gotta Dance!! and Jirachi: Wish Maker.
- The dub title was a reference to the 1987 movie Three Men and a Baby starring Tom Selleck, Ted Danson, and Steve Guttenburg. The movie is infamous for the so-called "ghost" that was captured on camera during filming.
- This is the first Japanese episode in which Jynx appears with its new design. In the previous episode in which Jynx appeared, it used its old design, which was recolored for the dub.
- Only one Jynx has a dubbed voice while the other two keep their Japanese voices.
- The Jynx freeze a portion of the ladder behind Jessie into a major sheet of ice, yet somehow Ash is able to overcome this obstacle without so much as showing the audience how this is done.
In other languages
- French: Trois Lippoutou et un Lippouti!
- German: Zu süß, um wahr zu sein!
- Italian: Il rapimento di Smoochum
- Latin American Spanish: Tres Jynx y un bebé
- Iberian Spanish: ¡Tres Jynx y un bebé!