From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
*[[User:Dustin DeVine|Dustin DeVine]] I consider myself a Sinnoh expert, as that is my main venue; however, I could possibly assist work with other regions. For a slight piece of information, I excell in spelling and grammar, so if you need me, I will be glad to help out.
===How you can help===
===How you can help===
Revision as of 00:57, 27 September 2012
|| Clarky13 is the leader of this project. Please direct any questions about Project Cities and Towns or its actions to this user.
Some Bulbapedia members have formed a project to better organize efforts to write and improve articles about towns and cities in the Pokémon world. If you would like to help, please inquire on the talk page or the Bulbapedia forum and see the to-do list. You can also sign up below.
Project Cities and Towns
Scope and aims
Project Cities and Towns covers all articles about towns and cities in the Pokémon world.
The ultimate goal is to create and standardize articles for every city and town that has been featured in the Pokémon games. This project covers every town in the regions of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and the Sevii Islands. Currently, this does not include anime-exclusive locales.
To join the project, simply add your name to the bottom of this list:
- Clarky13 - Project Leader
- TwinsMetsFan - founder
- Tom Temprotran - The guy who (mostly) GIMPs the newer maps.
- Mewtwo Ex - I love the cities and towns in the games
- Maths-I am a newbie though a good researcher in Pokémon
- Pterodactal - do what i can on Kanto and Sinnoh
- Manaphy9 - I'm doing anything and everything.
- Summer! - I am getting the populations of the cities of Sinnoh to add to their pages.
- Sang'gre Habagat
- Marillrocks - anything I can do to help with the five main regions!
- Moisesmorales - I would love to help on Johto and Kanto
- Tina - Helping out on Hoenn and Sinnoh.
- Griff - i can try to help with Sinnoh.
- Flame alex - can help out with Kanto and Sinnoh
- Lilio - i will try and find some johto places
- User:Coolcatkim22 - Doing any city in Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn and Sinnoh.
- User:Robbo5002 - Kanto and Sinnoh are my speciality!
- Shayminlight58 - doing the johto stuff
- Dialga 625 - Sinnoh and Hoenn. Possibly Kanto.
- Jammi568: Kanto and Johto, definatly.
- H4r8z0r - Helping out anywhere in the world, including anime-exclusive locations.
- Russell777: Everything, but I can't create articles because my computer is not compatible with .php files.
- James1234: im new to bulba pedia but o will do what i can.
- Galm:Anything Hoenn
- Lueroi:Great knowledge of the all cities/towns in the 4 main regions.
- DAWN FAN
- Pikapower1: Memorized every area in Sinnoh and Fiore.:D
- tandra88- I'm your girl for all things Almia and Sinnoh!
- legendarypokemonjunkie17- I have adequate knowledge of all cities/towns in all regions, except Fiore.
- psyclone2- LOOOONG time pokemon expert, first time fan contributor. I'll do my best- I have a lot of guides, sites, references, and knowledge to back me up, so I'll do my best!
- Mario Man- Has pretty much gotten all the cities and towns except for johto memorized. including fun facts.
- Swampert = awesome
- EpicFail I'll help with Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Orre.
- Michi123 I can help with the towns and cities from the pokémon ranger games
- qwerty2355 I can work on Sinnoh and Hoenn cities and towns.
- Palamon I'll work on the Sevii islands.
- Samus Fan101 I will do what I can!!!
- Pokemon59 Alima, Sinnoh, Hoenn easily
- Tina Hoenn~
- Survive Group We'll try to help with Kanto & Johto.
- Jello Template upgrades, maps, that kind of stuff.
- Guest1738 i can help with Johto and some Sinnoh
- •Palkiajosh•- I'll do whatever I can. ^^; Also, I'll help with adding S1tHSL4y3r's Poké Mart stock lists, starting with Johto.
- immewnity - Whatever you need, I'm here for. Also working on movie locations.--immewnitythemew 15:10, 24 April 2010 (UTC)
- Happy0012 I'll work on the text part of the project.
- SaitoFX Only game-related information.
- hoennboy99 hoenn hoenn hoenn.....MUDKIPZ!!
- Mismagius13 ANYTHING COLORFUL
- Toback I can help with the new Isshu information.
- Dbeckelheimer6 Experienced here. Have made 116 edits in past month.
- Shining Latios
- Mohacastle I'll help you!
- Darkgoalie I can help with any region plus with Mystery Dungeon towns.
- 99pokemon I can always correct grammar and spelling!
- Han Ji-Wan I can re-update the population for every cities in the Pokemon world (Main-games only.. MAYBE The Ranger games). And add other needed information.
- Keekk1 I can help with most of the Orre Region :D
- PikachuKetchum I coud help with ALL of the Oblivia Region because i have completed Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs.
- Coobreedan I can help by giving information on the people who can be found in cities and towns, like people who give you TMs and stuff.
- BrokenMotor As well as knowledgeable on the other main regions I can flesh out Unova with any history I find.
- Mrmuffinman128 I'm your man for every main region and Orre.
- Barbakki I'll help with Unova and Sinnoh!
- tmazzy i can only do research
- Nostalogic10 I got Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova covered
- Sarahhkkim I'm an expert on Unova!
- ArceusRai I'll do what I can with Unova and Hoenn, I have notable expertise on Johto and Sinnoh.
- ZMT123 I'm a veteran at Pokemon and an expert with the main series regions.
- Fire Master I'll do whatever I can with Items
- Taposa I will try to do my best and help.
- Team Magma Zangoose I'll try to help with Sinnoh, Unova, and HGSS information, and will edit Hoenn articles for stuff like spelling and grammar.
- Championsound I can help with every main series region apart from Sinnoh
- Groudon 60
- Dustin DeVine I consider myself a Sinnoh expert, as that is my main venue; however, I could possibly assist work with other regions. For a slight piece of information, I excell in spelling and grammar, so if you need me, I will be glad to help out.
How you can help
You can help by opening the List of cities and towns by name and selecting any location in red (which means that there is no article for it yet) and starting that article, or opening any location that you can provide more information about. Additionally, the list itself needs expanding.
Most of the existing city/town articles need to be modified to comply with the project standard (see below). You can check Category:City and town stubs to see which articles need expanding.
Bulbapedia:Project Cities and Towns/To-do list
Articles should use the Infobox town template, and all known info should be supplied. An example is demonstrated here.
Untitled section that describes the area. Depending on the area, this section may just describe where it is located in the Pokémon world and basic details regarding the area, or may go into considerable detail. Regardless, most text describing the location should be in this section.
Places of interest
Any notable locations in the area should be mentioned and briefly described here. If the location has its own article, a link to that article should be given.
Only for areas with a shop
A list of items available at shops with prices should be provided, using the shop templates (instructions here).
Only for areas with wild Pokémon within its limits
A list of attainable Pokémon in the city. See Kanto Route 1 for an example of how the layout should appear. Game corner Pokémon should not be listed here.
In the anime
Section for noting differences or other items regarding the area in the anime.
Place any notes about the area that are worth noting but are not notable enough for inclusion in the main section.
Place all references here.
Place all external links which are not references here.
All articles should use the following category:
All articles should use the following categories where applicable:
- [[Category:Red, Blue and Yellow locations]]
- [[Category:Gold, Silver and Crystal locations]]
- [[Category:Ruby and Sapphire locations]]
- [[Category:Emerald locations]]
- [[Category:FireRed and LeafGreen locations]]
- [[Category:Diamond and Pearl locations]]
- [[Category:Towns]] for towns
- [[Category:Cities]] for cities
- To organize, standardize, and expand the articles on cities and towns in the Pokémon world.
The list page for Project Routes is List of cities and towns by name.
The Infobox to use for this project is
This is the basic syntax you need to get a complete infobox on the article page, just place this before any other text and fill in the variables.
For the above parameters, here's what you should fill in:
- name: is the name of the town/city/locale
- jpname: is the city name in Japanese
- japanese: is the city name in Japanese, transliterated into rōmaji
- image: is the name of the image file name at Bulbagarden Archives
- slogan: is the official slogan of the town/city/locale
- region: is the region that the town/city/locale is in
- north: is the name of the location connecting the town/city/locale from the north.
- south: is the name of the location connecting the town/city/locale from the south.
- west: is the name of the location connecting the town/city/locale from the west.
- east: is the name of the location connecting the town/city/locale from the east.
- leader: is the name of the area's Gym Leader
- leadersprite: is the name of the area's Gym Leader's sprite
- leadervs: is the name of the area's Gym Leader's VS sprite
- badge: is the name of the Gym's badge
- gymtype: is the main type of the Gym
- map: is the name of the image file name of the overview map at Bulbagarden Archives. If no map is available, leave blank
- colormed: is the color used for the main area of the infobox. Should reflect the town's name, type, etc.
- colordark: is the color used for the borders of the infobox. Should be a darker version of colormed.
- colorlight: is the color used for the subheaders of the infobox. Should be a lighter version of colormed.
By completing the infobox as follows, you'll get a routebox like the one to the right.
|image=Cerulean City HGSS.png
|imageI=Cerulean City RBY.png
|imageII=Cerulean City GSC.png
|imageIII=Cerulean City FRLG.png
|slogan=The Floral Lagoon City
|mapdesc=A beautiful city with flowing water and blooming flowers.
The parent of this project is Project Locations.
No subprojects have been defined.
Related projects include: