From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| "This is what I live for!"
Art from the PTCGO website
| Eye color
| Hair color
|| San Francisco
| Trainer class
|| Trading Card Game Player
Zach works at the Game Store in Pokémon Trading Card Game Online. He greets new players at the entrance of the Game Store along with Ella. When players initially begin the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online, he and Ella lead players through an initial series of tutorial matches. Afterwards, in the Trainer Challenge, he can be faced in the Gold League and the Platinum League for a total of two matches.
"Zach got his job at the game store through Ella. Enthusiastic but a little hapless, he loves the Pokémon TCG and reads fantasy novels. His favorite part of his job is helping new players get acquainted with the store's regulars."
Zach uses a Colorless deck when players face him in the first round of the Gold League's playoffs. After defeating Zach, players move on to face Mick.
- Before the game — "Time to play, <player>! This is what I live for!"
- Retired quotes:
- At the start of the game — "Welcome to the League and... ...Prepare to be trounced! Mwa-Ha-Ha! Good luck!"
- After winning — "Nice try, <player>. But it looks like you met your match! Let's play again!"
- After losing — "Hey, great game! Looks like you'll fit right in! Say hi to Mick for me when you play!"
Zach's Colorless deck
Easy deck (List missing 1 card)
Medium deck (List missing 15 cards)
Zach uses the same Colorless deck when players face him in the first round of the Platinum League's playoffs. After defeating Zach, players move on to face Logan. See Gold League above for deck information.
- Before the game — "Oh yeah! League Champion in the house! Let the games begin!"
- Retired quotes:
- At the start of the game — "Welcome to the Platinum League, <player>! Let's see how you hold up under pressure!"
- After winning — "You fought well, <player>. But don't feel blue! It's time for a rematch!"
- After losing — "Wow, you've come a long way. My Water Deck is... all washed up! Congratulations on your victory!"
Zach assists players when they access the "Help" feature, the Trainer Challenge mode, and the player versus player Versus Mode in the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online.
- Main article: Tutorial (TCGO)
- Choose League — "To get started, select a league and difficulty from below. The selections will be added to the current option area on the right."
- Gold — "Every player begins in the Gold League. Defeat each trainer in the God League and you will unlock the Platinum League!"
- Platinum — "Great job beating the 12 Gold League trainers. Now for the next challenge! Defeat each trainer in the Platinum League and you will unlock the City Championship!"
- City Championship — "Do you have what it takes to be the City Champion? Let’s find out!"
- "You have <number> overall wins with this deck."
- "You have <number> overall wins with this deck. You have won <number> of <8 or 12> games necessary to unlock a booster pack."'
- Choose computer-controlled Trainer opponent — "Please select a trainer to challenge!"
- Theme — "Both players can now use preconstructed theme decks in this format."
- Standard — "Decks can only contain cards from current Standard legal expansions in their decks."
- Expanded — "Deck can only contain cards that have been verified as Expanded legal."
- Unlimited — "No cards are off-limits in this format! Play with your dream deck!"
- Now retired "Ranked Battle" option which was folded directly into Random Battle rather than "Random Battle" being an option under "Ranked Battle" — "Ranked games allow you to progress and play against better and better trainers. Players also earn trainer tokens for these matches."
- "Now pick a friend to challenge."
- <see Deck format selection in Random Battle above>
- "Looks like none of our friends are available. You can only challenge friends who are currently online and aren't already in a match."
- "Play a game against the computer and test out a deck."
- "Next select a difficulty for the computer."
- Easy — "Easy is a good option if you are new to Pokémon TCG."
- Medium — "Select Medium if you have experience with Pokémon TCG."
- Hard — "Hard is better suited for an expert Pokémon TCG player."
- "Please choose one of your decks below" <with Theme, Standard, and Expanded decks mixed together in the same list>
- Retired Practice Battle — "Practice games help you learn the basics of the game in a friendly match. If you are new to Pokémon TCG this is a good game type."
HeartGold & SoulSilver Era
From the now retired Diamond League in the Trainer Challenge:
- Before the game — "'Grats on your victory in the Platinum League! Don't think you've got this one sewn up, though. No one's taking you lightly this time!"
- At the start of the game — "Eager to throw your weight around? You'll have to take me down first. Good luck. <Player>!"
- After winning — "A noble effort, <player>. Unfortunately for you, I was on fire that game. Try again?"
- After losing — "Hello?! My Fire Deck was snuffed out! Great Job, <player>."
Zach's Retired decks
Zach used a Water and a Fire deck during the HeartGold & SoulSilver era of the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online.
Zach's Water deck
Zach's Fire deck