From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| The Synchronicity Test!
Satoshi and Alan! Gekkouga VS Mega Lizardon Once Again!!
|| April 21, 2016
| United States
|| July 22, 2016*|
July 23, 2016*
|| Team Kato
|| 冨岡淳広 Atsuhiro Tomioka
|| 関野昌弘 Masahiro Sekino
| Assistant director
|| 浅田裕二 Yūji Asada
| Animation director
|| 岩根雅明 Masaaki Iwane
| Additional credits
The Synchronicity Test! (Japanese: サトシとアラン！ゲッコウガＶＳメガリザードンふたたび！！ Satoshi and Alan! Gekkouga VS Mega Lizardon Once Again!!) is the 116th episode of the XY series, and the 915th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on April 21, 2016 and in the United States on July 23, 2016.
Clemont has been wondering about the mysterious change that sometimes happens to Ash and Greninja during battle, and he wants to get to the bottom of it—with science! He challenges Greninja to battle his Luxray while “Clembot Mini” performs an analysis, but nothing unusual happens.
While Greninja is healing up, Alain and his Charizard stop by the same Pokémon Center and enthusiastically agree to the next battle! During this fierce competition, Ash and Greninja sync up, and Greninja transforms in a spectacular display of power—but after Ash has an intense and scary reaction, the battle is cut short. Still, he’s determined to get stronger alongside Greninja!
|| This plot summary is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this plot summary to add missing sections and complete it.
- Clemont invents a wristband-like mechanic to enhance and analyze Ash and Greninja when using the Ash-Greninja form.
- Ash and his friends encounter Alain again.
- Alain is revealed to own a Metang.
- Ash has a battle against Alain and loses.
- Ash has a second battle with Alain, but it is abandoned when Ash collapses due to the strain of using the Ash-Greninja form.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
Who's That Pokémon?: Metang (US and international)
Pokémon Quiz: Metang (Japan)
The title card segment focuses on Ash for this episode
- Clemont states that the Ash-Greninja form was seen only three times before the events of this episode instead of four times.
In other languages
|| De synchroniteitstest! *|
De synchroniciteitstest! *
| European French
|| Le test de synchronisme !
|| Der Synchron-Test!
|| Prova di affinità!
|| 지우와 알랭! 개굴닌자 VS 메가리자몽 두 번째 대결!!
|| Test synchronizacji!
|| O teste de sincronismo!
|| O teste de sincronicidade!
|| Тест на синхронность!
|| Latin America
|| ¡La prueba de la sincronidad!
|| ¡La prueba de la sincronización!
|| ซาโตชิกับอลัน! เก็คโคงะ ปะทะ เมก้าริเซอด้อนอีกครั้ง!!
|| Eşzamanlılık Testi!