From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Giving Chase at the Rhyhorn Race!
| セレナにおまかせ!? 激走サイホーンレース！|
Leave it to Serena!? The Charging Sihorn Race!
|| November 21, 2013
| United States
|| March 1, 2014
|| Team Kato
|| 面出明美 Akemi Omode
|| 尼野浩正 Hiromasa Amano
| Assistant director
|| 内田裕 Yū Uchida
| Animation director
|| 内田裕 Yū Uchida
| No additional credits are available at this time.
Giving Chase at the Rhyhorn Race! (Japanese: セレナにおまかせ!? 激走サイホーンレース！ Leave it to Serena!? The Charging Sihorn Race!) is the seventh episode of the XY series, and the 806th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on November 21, 2013 and in the United States on March 1, 2014.
|| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
and his friends
are departing Santalune City
when he asks Serena
where she is headed to next. She begins to ponder, before Ash asks if she wants to join them on their journey. She eventually agrees, and points out that in order to reach Cyllage City
, the site of the next gym, they must first travel through Lumiose City
While in the woods, Ash considers challenging the Lumiose Gym again, but Clemont advises him that he had just started his journey in Kalos, and that he should catch a Pokémon first. While Ash begins searching, Clemont asks Serena why she decided to go on a journey; she then shows Ash a handkerchief that he gave her at Professor Oak's Summer Camp.
At the camp, Serena gets lost in a forest, and fell after being startled by a Poliwag, injuring her knee in the process. Scared, she admits that she didn't want to attend the camp, calls for her mother. Soon, the bush shakes again, as Ash spots her. Noticing Serena's injury, Ash pulls out the handkerchief, wrapping it around her knee. Calling it a good-luck charm, he states it will make the pain go away, though her knee continues to hurt. Ash tells Serena to not "give up until it's over," and helps her up, leading her out of the forest.
Giving the handkerchief back to Ash, he finally recognizes her, and asks her if the handkerchief was the reason for following him. Serena stated she wanted to see Ash again, but he had failed to recognize her beforehand. Eventually, the ground began trembling, as a group of Rhyhorn racers speed down the forest path. Officer Jenny appears, informing the group that they are on a Rhyhorn racing track. At the track's starting line, Ash is introduced to Rhyhorn racing, as Serena tells him that the track is basic, compared to others, prompting Ash to praise her for her knowledge. The gang parts ways with Jenny at a Rhyhorn stable, and as Ash attempts to sneak onto a nearby Rhyhorn, Serena warns him against doing so, as his attempt would startle it and cause it to run; instead, he should approach it carefully. Meanwhile, Team Rocket watches the group, and plot to steal the Rhyhorn due to their power, along with Pikachu.
Later, Serena and Ash change into Rhyhorn racing outfits, and Serena tells him the method to climbing onto Rhyhorn. However, Ash repeatedly falls off, and asks Serena to show him how to do so. Impressed, he then asks her how to make it run, causing Rhyhorn to knock her off. Surrounded by Rhyhorn, they begin licking her (and eventually Bonnie), as Serena begins to realize that Rhyhorn are actually friendly. Ash later begins riding, and asks Serena about his progress, in which she replies with similar words that her mother had told her. As a result, Serena realizes she had misjudged Rhyhorn racing.
At night, while everyone is sleeping, Serena is baking cookies, while her Fennekin watches. She tells it to keep the cookies a secret, and hopes they taste well.
The next day, the race is set to begin, but as the green flag waved to start the race, Ash and Rhyhorn have a rough start, but manage to catch up to the other racers. In the woods, James's Inkay squirts ink on the cameras broadcasting the race, prompting Serena, Clemont, Bonnie and Fennekin to investigate. Meanwhile, Ash wonders what happened to the other Rhyhorn, but is then snared by a net, as Pikachu and Rhyhorn get caught in a cage. Team Rocket then appears, as it is revealed that the other Rhyhorn racers are tied up, as their Rhyhorn are also locked in cages, which connect into a train. Meowth then drives the train away, but is hit by Mud Shot from Clemont's Bunnelby, as Clemont shows up. Serena, Bonnie and Fennekin also appear, and Fennekin asks Serena to battle Team Rocket, to which she agrees. She orders it to use Ember, and the fire causes James to drop the controller that manages the train. Clemont grabs a rock and dives at the controller, destroying it and freeing Pikachu and the Rhyhorn. Surrounded, Team Rocket is charged by the Rhyhorn, and is sent blasting off, as Jenny arrives.
Ash, Clemont and Bonnie introduce themselves to Serena's mother, as Ash tells her about Serena teaching him to ride a Rhyhorn, much to Serena's dismay. Frantically, Serena tells her mother that she will be traveling with Ash and the gang, which her mother calls a wonderful experience for her. Later, Serena gives Ash a pouch, containing cookies, which she says is a thank-you gift for what happened when they were younger. However, Ash continues eating, as Clemont and Bonnie scold him for eating too fast and eventually choking, but Serena also gives them pouches as well.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
Who's That Pokémon?: Fennekin (US and international)
Pokémon Quiz: Fennekin (Japan)
The title card segment focuses on Serena for this episode
- When Ash and company continue their journey along with Serena, the black belt on Serena's hat disappears three times.
- When something is coming near the trees, the brown and yellow colors of Pikachu's tail are swapped.
- When Ash and his friends are panicking while the Rhyhorn are coming through, Bonnie's satchel is colored orange, just like Dedenne for a few frames, and later, when they're running away from the Rhyhorn, Dedenne's ears are completely orange for a few frames.
- When Serena is about to show how to ride on a Rhyhorn, while Bonnie was excited a lot, Serena got a line added near her neck for some reason.
- In one scene for a single frame, the left half of Serena's ribbon is colored the same way as her hair.
- When Ash and the others are panicking because the Rhyhorn are going to hurt Serena, Clemont's glasses are missing the orange part that holds his glasses to his nose.
- In one scene for a single frame, the right half of Serena's ribbon is colored the same way as her hair.
- In a scene before the race begins, when Serena is sitting in the sidelines, her stockings are colored like her skin tone instead of black.
- When Ash notices what happened to the racers and their Rhyhorn, Pikachu's nose disappears for a single frame. The same error repeats four times.
- When the mysterious web is getting closer to Ash, Pikachu's tail is completely yellow without the brown color at the end of his tail for a few frames.
- When their transporter was starting to shake, for a single frame, Jessie's left ear is colored white, just like her skirt.
- When Ash is telling Serena's mother that he rode on a Rhyhorn for the first time, Bonnie's hairclip is colored the same way as her hair.
Pikachu's tail colors are swapped
Bonnie's satchel with Dedenne's coloration
The title card segment focuses on Ash for this episode in the English dub
- The title card segment focuses on Ash in the dub.
- Which it was done because the title card is still lacking the characters's shadows for unknown reason, but the next episode will not lack the characters's shadows anymore.
- In the original, Serena said that she placed sixth in a Rhyhorn race sometime ago. In the dub, she simply said that only six people participate in a Rhyhorn race.
In other languages