Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Oh, there you are, Perry.
Shiny Psyduck is blue :D —darklordtrom 01:49, 8 September 2010 (UTC)
- Sure! You'll start off as a rank of Budew, and you'll graduate in a year or so. ----Zewis (29) 20:30, 16 October 2010 (UTC)
So basically, what do we "do" so to speak? --BeeBwakka 00:40, 17 October 2010 (UTC)
(Please excuse my not checking my page often) Nobody ever really told me that. I think we just edit stuff. But that's pretty much what a wiki is, so if you have any ideas, please share them, as I am out of ideas. ----Zewis (29) 13:23, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
- How about doing specific improvement projects(i.e. Work on Generation V pages when the English BW comes out)? I know it's kind of the same as Projects such as Project Pokédex, but neverless it's an idea. Or perhaps some kind of new member tutoring thingy (teach them how to use wikicode, remind them of rookie mistakes such as not using the preview button or signing comments ect.). Also, I made a Team Budew Usertag on my userpage if you wanna use it. --Bee § Bwakka 16:32, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
- Great then. Sorry if this message is confusing, I'm having a serious ADD moment. Oh, and by the way, I tend to check Bulbapedia a lot, so I don't usually take long to respond. This is a long message, be prepared. So some things I wanna say/ask:
And don't forget this is all your choice whether or not we should make these rules, policies, or recommendations. I say that because I think I sound like I'm in charge in the below paragraphs, but I respect that this is your Team and your rules. Just please respond and tell me what you think of the suggestions.
1. We have priorities set, but now we need more members. Obviously, you and me are experienced on here, so we know everything that'd we'd pass on to the members, and we can't really do any of the "improvement projects" without more members (i mean just two guys can't do much). So let's try and spread the word. By that I mean, for example, if one of us sees a new user having trouble, then we could recommend him or her to join the group in order to help them for a while. And we could "advertise" by having that little Team Budew banner (the one at the top of our userpages), and the usertag i made on each member's page to spread the word. (Oh and we could have members make the banners themselves, to help them learn wikicode)
2. I am next in line for being leader, correct? Obviously, I kinda have to be. So how about setting a policy were the leader doesn't graduate until the team has done something useful, or something like that. Also, maybe there should be a policy where you cannot make someone else a new leader unless these circumstances are met.
- The new leader, that the current leader chooses, is a Roserade in rank and has helped Team Budew significantly.
- There must be at least 4 members on TB, the graduating leader, the Roserade that the leader has picked to succeed him, and at least two other (preferrable low ranked) members, when the torch is handed down to the new leader.
- Ranks should matter more. For Example:
Budews: The kindergartners of TB. Should not do things like improvement projects without permission from a Roserade or the Leader. Should also not hesitate to ask a Roserade or the Leader about something they don't understand. Participate in little "training assignments" like creating a TB banner (as mentioned above), which are assigned by Roserades or the Leader.
Roselias: The regular members. Can join in and help out with any Team Budew project without asking. Still should ask questions from time to time.
Roserades: The admins. Basically mini-leaders. The only difference is that The Leader's decision prevails over all Roserades', and that the Leader is the main policy maker (ironic that I'm making that policy)
3. LAST THING. If you decide to adopt these rules, then we should just copy and paste them onto a Team Budew Rules page or something. Your "User:Zewis29/old" page seems to be the Team Budew main page, so if you want, we could just display the rules on that page. FINAL LAST THING. Let's make the Team Budew usertag a simple template, so either User:BeeBwakka/TeamBudewTag or User:Zewis29/TeamBudewTag, who's subpage do you want it on? I APOLOGIZE ONCE AGAIN FOR THIS REALLY LONG EYESORE OF A MESSAGE --Bee § Bwakka 22:24, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
- Awesome! I saw how Frostagin, or whatever his/her name was, was the leader and then you decided to join the Team and he/she just dumped the responsibility of the Team of you and then ditched you. I didn't want that to happen again, so I made that entire set of rules about leadership based on that. So how about I rewrite the Team rules so that it sounds better, and then I'll give the Final Draft of Rules to you and you can put them wherever. Oh, and if you have an email address, email me at Nageki@hotmail.com, (and tell me it's Zewis because I'll probably delete it if I don't know its you) so then we don't slow down servers or get yelled at by admins because of some talk page rule. --Bee § Bwakka 23:40, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
- ZEWIS29:You sure about letting the Budews add people? I'm just saying that we should leave that to Roselias (Roselias aren't having nearly as much to do in our current Team setup, so I'm trying to find better opportunities for them). Oh, and I'm still rewriting and adding a little to the Rules. And I know I've asked you a lot but do you have an email? It's more private and it won't fill up your page or cause as much server strain. POKEMASTER97: Would you like me to explain a little about Team Budew? (italics and bold to seperate who i'm talking to) --Bee § Bwakka 01:44, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
- I replied to your email, so check tomorrow. I'll be inactive tomorrow though, Bears Vs. Packers and I live in Chicago, but I should have the rules done by tonight. Pokemaster97, you still there. If not talk to you next week. --Bee § Bwakka 02:15, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
Okay maybe not quite as inactive as I thought. Pokemaster: The Rules don't really matter until we actually have enough people. And you have even more experience on here than I. Also, if you don't mind, could you link your page to and/or add our usertag linking to User:Zewis29/Old? It will just help us get more members. --Bee § Bwakka 17:34, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
- Why didn't you use the rewritten rules I emailed you? It would be okay, but the new ones have more added to it, are more fluent, and are addressed to the Team rather than to you. --Bee § Bwakka 23:55, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
- Oh, and why don't we leave the Leader rankless? I mean, he or she's basically got to know as much as a Roserade, if not more. And we should probably promote Pokemaster to Roselia, he has more experience than I do. --Bee § Bwakka 00:16, 24 January 2011 (UTC
- Sounds good to me. Pokemaster, you are now Roselia rank! And anyone on the team can edit the official page. ----Zewis (29) 00:18, 24 January 2011 (UTC)
- Amendments already! If you have enough experience on the wiki, you may be promoted to a higher rank with the approval of a Roserade. But, editing the Rules? That means that there are no rules, as anyone can change the rules as they please. I would suggest that we allow Rule Suggestions from Users and that the Leader or VP must approve them. The Vice President should be the one in charge until a Leader who is absent (on Vacation, on Hiatus, in Hospital, etc.) returns. And shouldn't the VP be whoever the Leader wants to succeed themself as Leader? --Bee § Bwakka 00:31, 24 January 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah. That'd be a good Roselia task, you know, suggest a rule, like I said, they don't have much to do. Right now I'm in the middle of putting the finishing touches on the main TB page. Oh, and before I save it, do you have any ideas Pokemaster? --Bee § Bwakka 00:40, 24 January 2011 (UTC)
- I'll see if I can get that done. We'll add it later, I think we've done our fair share of(if not too much) editing to that page today. I don't wanna slow down the server. But I will make write one in Notepad. --Bee § Bwakka 01:44, 24 January 2011 (UTC)