Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Yousuf89!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here! ~Kenn 14:38, 1 February 2008 (UTC)
Please use the preview button. If you are editing the structure of a page, edit the entire page and preview! TESHIGIGAS 17:38, 7 February 2008 (UTC)
Hi Yousuf89. I have realised you have changed the List of Pokémon by species by changing Miruhoggu's species from "Precuation Pokémon" to "Scout Pokémon", Minezumi's species. Actually, if you look at Miruhoggu's page, you'll find that it's actually the "Precaution Pokémon". Don't worry, I'll change it back again, but I thought you might just want to know that so you can be more careful next time! --Rankurusu 07:19, 22 August 2010 (UTC)
The Preview Button
Instead of editing a page several times in a row, try using the preview button to make sure your edit looks the way you want it to. It's right next to the Save Changes button... Please try it out, so as not to clog up the Recent Changes. Thanks! -- ✔Poké.geek™✔ 09:20, 20 December 2011 (UTC)
Helioptile and Heliolisk
Hello. Please stop removing part of the origin section of the above two Pokemon. Many Pokemon have multiple origins, and there is nothing wrong having the spotted salamander as a potential origin. If you have a major issue with this, you can discuss it on the articles' talkpages. Do not continuously remove it. Crystal Talian 23:36, 12 November 2013 (UTC)