Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
User talk:Yami Takashi
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Yami Takashi!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Yami Takashi/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
putting this here in prep for archiving Yami 18:28, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- News to me, i always just copied past after making a new page at least on Wikipedia that's the method. Yami 18:38, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- Well minus a paper trail, the wikipedia method seems to have worked. The only problem i guess is that there is no move log to keep record of what happened to the text.Yami 18:54, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
Hey, guess what
youve been blocked for insubordination, again. this is your third time. if someoen tells you your trivia is useless, let it go and walk away or next time, you will be blocked for much longer. -- MAGNEDETH 19:08, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
- I worked a hour and a half on it, and i'm tired. It should be good enough that i took the time to do a large Synopsis Yami 16:10, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
- I thought this was about putting links in it as i type, not how much I typed. linking to other articles isn't that hard but it wasn't on the top of my list after writing and watching the same episode over and over. Yami 16:25, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
I heard that you had questions about your synopsis for DP124. Well, I'm proposing a set of guidelines for writing an episode synopsis. Take a look at it and see if it answers your questions. Thanks! By the way, I was originally going to write DP124 today, but you beat me to it! --rockersk08 19:14, 14 September 2009 (UTC)