The Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concert tour is coming to Philadelphia on September 19th. We have two sets of concert double-passes to give away to lucky Bulbanews readers!
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Welcome to Bulbapedia, X3ni92!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Please check your spelling before making edits. Thank you. ~Kenn 17:51, 9 February 2008 (UTC)
- Also, use LINK TEMPLATES!!!!. And when linking to episodes, make sure it's like this:
''[[episode number|episode name (make sure you use correct punctuation such as exlamation points and question marks!)]]''
- Favorite Color (Can Be More Than One)
- Favorite Pokémon (For your name, Can Be 1-4 [Two Is Recommended])
- Would You Like A Background
- YES What color
- NO Well they're no more questions
- Answer all of the above
- Wait, what's the blue for?PokeManiac102 16:54, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
ooh Black background. X3ni92 17:01, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
okay, I'll wait X3ni92 17:03, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
- Would you like to use Ho-oh, Charizard, Arcanine, and Typhlosion, or just Ho-oh and Tropius? Doesn't matter to mePokeManiac102 17:09, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
Well I'd like to keep the fire theme, thanks. X3ni92 17:10, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
IF YOU LIKE IT DON'T USE IT YET!
Or how's this
- I like the second one. Btw, when you click X3, you go to your userpage. ni goes to your talk page. 92 goes to your contributions. NOW WAIT MOREPokeManiac102 17:20, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
I saw, thanks :D what do you mean "Now Wait More" do I still have to wait? if so it doesn't really matter X3ni92 17:22, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
Now basically the directions couldn't be any more laid out than this
- At the top of your page, you will see your username, your talk, your preferences, your watchlist...
- Click my preferences
- Somewhere, you will see Nickname
- MAKE SURE THAT THE RAW SIGNATURES BOX HAS A CHECKMARK IN IT
- Now in the box, copy and paste this into it.
- Save it
- Now, all you have to do to show your sig is to type ~~~~
If you wish to edit your sig, do it here
Oh my sigs so pretty
- I know, just playing around. Thanks for asking (for me to make the sig)PokeManiac102 18:00, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
- Read the message from the editor on the Main Page. Just so we don't need to repeat it over and over. Tina δ♫ 20:10, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
Personally, I don't find the trivia for RGB sprites to be really that good or needed. I mean, people can usually scroll right up and there it is. We know the RGB sprites sucked. Everyone knows that. Seeing them next to the newer ones prove it more.
And linking to versions... the page is Pokémon Red and Blue Versions and Pokémon Yellow Version, and the rest are like it. Linking as just "Red & Blue" is bad. Firstly because the ampersands aren't used in context outside of titles (and yes, I know that Gold and Silver are titles, but they're separate titles. Pokémon Gold Version and Pokémon Silver Version, together Pokémon Gold and Silver Versions) Diamond & Pearl and EX Ruby & Sapphire are titles for TCG sets, as is the Diamond & Pearl series. Version names, however, are separate but duplicate games with different Pokémon at the beginning of the gen and then a kinda different but not really so game at the end. TTEchidna 23:06, 2 April 2008 (UTC)
You're the first one to notice that yes, in fact, the user namespace is back open.
I will now take this moment to warn you.
DON'T EDIT IT TOO MUCH. This is a week trial, and if too many users abuse it, we'll be forced to take it away again. TTEchidna 01:21, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
WOO! xD I won't, I just needed to do a few things, and I'm done with editing my User Page for awhile.User:X3ni92 01:23, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
Slow down on editing the
User: namespace. Editing your userpage too much will lead to it being locked again. Instead of making multiple small edits, why not instead use the preview button (Alt + Shift + P) to check your edits before saving the page? Thank you. --MoldyOrange 22:49, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
The plural form of a Pokémon is the same as a singular Pokémon. They're just like moose, fish, or sheep. You don't need to add an s to "Spearow" to make it plural; in fact, "Spearows" is incorrect. --Martonimos((Argh|Blargh)) 00:01, 12 September 2008 (UTC)