Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Welcome to Bulbapedia, SilverCharmeleon!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:SilverCharmeleon/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- All users are allowed to edit the userspace 3 times a day. If you edit more than 3 times, you may be subjected to a warning. If you ignore the warning, you will be given three chances to comply. If you do not comply, your ability to modify the userspace will be revoked for a period of time.
- Unless prior permission is given, no user is permitted to edit another user's page. Furthermore, edits to other users' pages are permitted only if there are problems that spread to other parts of Bulbapedia, such as broken links that appear on the wanted pages, switching out duplicate images that appear on the Archives, etc.
- Fan fictions, missions, riddles, games, and anything else deemed not suitable for the wiki will not be allowed. If you would like to add something, but do not know if it is acceptable, ask an administrator.
- A list of administrators that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
It's great you feel great, but why are you going to people's pages and telling them that you like contributing? It's not a bad thing, but don't you find it a bit weird?--☆Tavisource 04:11, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
- It's also pointless. This isn't a blog where you can say hi to random people, it's a wiki where you're supposed to make meaningful contributions. Cipher 10:15, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
I noticed you have been editing the
User: namespace a lot recently. You may not be aware of this, but Bulbapedia has a Userspace policy that asks users to try and minimize the number of userspace edits they make in a short period of time. Heavy editing of these personal pages can put undue stress on the server, so please leave your page alone for now and go help out in the mainspace. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, after all, so please help us to complete it! If you edit the mainspace more often, you will be allowed to edit your userpage more often too. Thanks! --▫▪Ťïňắ ♫♥ 03:29, 22 February 2010 (UTC)
If you did not read your last warning, then please read it now. You have edited the
User: namespace too much. In the past, no one was allowed to edit their userpages because some users were over-editing their own userpages. Your personal editing privileges can be taken away, so please do not edit your page any more for now. Thank you. ---- MAGNEDETH 07:09, 27 February 2010 (UTC)
Just to tell you
If you still want a name change, it's gonna have to wait. HGSS load is still around, BW load's gonna swamp us for the next six months, and CentralAuth is still off for the moment. TTEchidna 07:22, 10 April 2010 (UTC)
I noticed you have been editing the
User: namespace a lot recently. Please don't do it any more, though. Bulbapedia's Userspace policy restricts the amount you can edit your userpage. This policy was instated to prevent strain on our server, and also to promote people helping out in the mainspace. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, after all, so help us out by contributing to some articles before coming back to your personal userpage. The more often you edit in the mainspace, the more you will be allowed to edit your userpage. Thanks! --—♥ Jello 07:53, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
Your failure to listen to these warnings has resulted in your userspace privileges being taken away. Your privileges may be returned in time if you help Bulbapedia grow by contributing to the mainspace. Please, next time listen to us. ---- MAGNEDETH 22:02, 5 August 2010 (UTC)