Welcome to Bulbapedia, $aturn¥oshi!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. You will have to register separately for it, as well. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:$aturn¥oshi/Archives1/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here! --CoolPikachu! 01:23, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
You're new here, too? (Oh, and I got Darkrai at Toys 'R' Us. He disliked me when I first got him! Thanks for responding back.) BlueJirachi 17:29, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
Apparently, it looks as though you leave something whenever I leave something on the Talk pages... A stalker Darkrai hiding in the shadows, following me? Just kidding, I actually appreciate it since I just started out today. ^.^ BlueJirachi 19:44, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
Are you willing to do more? I can't do them myself because my computer can't read Japanese, so I can't be sure with any characters I use. I want to know how you are doing it, are you just searching attacks that the Pokémon might have? because if you are, that won't work for very long. Many of the cards have weird attacks that aren't present in the games and I was just wondering if that was how you were doing it. If you don't want to do more...I understand. MoldyOrange 19:12, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- Well then, I have a long list so we might as well get started now. Oakley's Ariados. I think it would be better if I just link you the picture instead of posting the picture on your talk page:  MoldyOrange 19:34, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- Okay, the following might be tough with the Poké-Body in it but:  I do not expect you to translate it for me right now, I am dealing with the mess known as "PCG-P" Promotional cards (which this card is actually in). MoldyOrange 03:24, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
- If you can't get it, we can move on because I put the translation notice on the page. MoldyOrange 16:40, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, go ahead. ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 15:54, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
- I need the kanji from the name in the top left corner for each of the following:
- Well I was kinda right, something with translation~Pokemaniac102 16:22, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
Diamond and Pearl Poketch
Actually, check the game, it says that Poketch is short for Pokemon Tech. Of this I am certain as I have had this argument with a number of people and they all agree with me now. - unsigned comment from Admiralaew (talk • contribs)
- Quote from the father of the President on the second floor of the Pokétch Company: "Pokémon Watch! That's Pokétch for short." MoldyOrange 22:56, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, I concede. I realized what happened, basically I wasn't paying attention, stupid me, very very sorry. On a side note, I am curious as to how you create your signature. - unsigned comment from Admiralaew (talk • contribs)
To be honest, I don't really feel like I deserve it. I'm kind of an ass on wikis. (And wasn't TTE kind of throwing power around to clean up the Capulet disaster quicker...?) Not to sound ungrateful. ;[--Ｌｏｖｅはドコ？ (talk • contribs) 00:32, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- I wasn't on during that fiasco, but out of all the people that were on you were one of the few that were selected. In my eyes, that counts for something. I don't think of you as being ungrateful, you're just unsure is all. Don't worry, everything will slip into place. Of this I am confident. ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 03:15, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- Okay. :D ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 03:34, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you...the attack Treecko has is most likely Tail Slap: a move that other Treecko have in the TCG. And there actually is a Water Arrow attack; so, you are correct for those. Thank you. I won't ask you to do anything for me for a while; I have about 6 sets to finish with the information that you've given me already. MoldyOrange 18:47, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
ok bro i dun care if im off 1 day or 1 week i dont go on this website everyday... dont take it too hard im not cussing at u or anything im just saying that i have a life Ritchie
- I'm just saying that I don't care. Not to sound rude or anything. (Okay, maybe a little rude...) ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 18:56, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- i ll show you rude if u wantRitchie
- THUN THUN THUN!!!! ~Pokemaniac102 00:57, 19 July 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry, sometimes I get a little too carried away with my copy-and-pasting. Like I stated before, I wasn't on when that whole vandal war went down. ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 17:12, 23 July 2008 (UTC)
A favour to ask of you
Still in awe at the amount of work that has gone into the Japanese cards, I now have a bit of time to start mucking in again. You seem to be Orange's choice for help with these, and I'm in the same situation as him computer-wise, so could you help me with a card too? This is the only one I can't find a source for, I was wondering if you could get the translation for the name and text of the second attack. I know the first attack is "Peck" and the second is "Metal"-something. I can't quite make out some characters in the text. Thanks! Nuva-kal 20:30, 29 July 2008 (UTC) Can you also do this as well as the kirlia...I need the kanji and translation off of this and the attack if possible. MoldyOrange 17:17, 7 August 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you! MoldyOrange 01:53, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
Just trying to organize thing a bit. I need the title Kanji and the translations for the following three cards, and if you could do the effect for Celebi's Light of Revival attack, it would be appreciated but it is not necessary. Thank you. MoldyOrange 18:27, 12 August 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, we finished all of those and moved on, sorry. (Or your welcome, because you no longer have to do them)
Sorry to bother you again, but these card articles I want to create are so old and rare, they don't have entries in the card database, and I don't have the kanji for them to translate. So I was wondering if you could get the kanji for the title and body text for the cards listed?
Secret Super Battle No. 1 
Tropical Mega Battle No. 1 
No. 1 Trainer (2000/2001) 
Victory Ring 
Victory Orb 
Victory Orb (Mew) 
- What do you have? ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 14:08, 12 August 2008 (UTC)
- It appears to mean "puzzlement", according to Babel Fish. I had to convert the word into Hiragana to see. I guess because it's from a game they opted not to use Kanji because it would be hard to read. Especially on a hand-held screen. ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 17:53, 12 August 2008 (UTC)
Is your username from saturn(planet) and yoshi, the cute little dino from mario?