Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Rucario64!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. You will have to register separately for it, as well. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Rucario64/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
There are a couple problems here: You have to sign with ~~~~ so that a link to your userpage is there if someone needs to tell you something. On a side note, no one can make/edit userpages, so don't even ask about it. Furthermore, we are no longer allowed to have images in our signatures. Please take this to mind before one of the admins blocks you; they are very irritated at the moment. MoldyOrange 01:41, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
Talk Page Comments
Please don't erase talk page comments for no reason. Trust me, you do NOT want to end up like Big Johnno, who got into an edit war with a sysop over comments the former had erased and was trying to keep erased. That user ended up blocked and subsequently had every erased comment restored. --MoldyOrange 22:36, 20 June 2008 (UTC)
Please read the welcome so even though it's really obvious that Gligar is going to evolve wait till the episode airs!--CoolPikachu! 23:25, 21 June 2008 (UTC)
You still must be doing something wrong because your signature should link to [[User:Rucario64]] and definitly NOT just [[Rucario64]]. So, you are either not signing with the four tildes or you don't have it linked to the Userpage in your preferences. Please fix it ASAP!! MoldyOrange 14:56, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
- Now that it links to User:Rucario64, it is perfectly fine. You must have fixed what was wrong with it. I'm sorry if I've come off as mean, but I haven't meant to; I'm just trying to keep you out of trouble, that's all!! ;) As for the Userpage, no one can make one since the admins stopped all edits to them a couple of months ago. I only have one because I made it before they stopped the edits. They should be back soon. Sorry I came off as mean...I didn't mean to. MoldyOrange 21:19, 25 June 2008 (UTC)
- Dude can I ask you something? Where's the link to your talk page in your sig? Shiny Pachirisu 00:01, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- He doesn't need one. The default signature only includes a link to the user page; you can add a link to the talk page by customizing your sig (see the signature policy for more info). Meanwhile, you can always go to his user page and click on the "discussion" link at the top. --Martonimos((Argh|Blargh)) 00:11, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- And check your spellinGood Day;DCM
wtf i am DCM keeps cuting off my words lameo!! Rucario64 15:06, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
- What?and I was trying to fix your spellingGood Day;DCM
sorry like i was trying to say sorry about the edits i forgot about keeping it a low abount and i wont make any user edits for the rest of the month!! Rucario64 15:08, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
Slow down on editing the
User: namespace. Editing your userpage too much will lead to it being locked again. Instead of making multiple small edits, why not instead use the preview button (Alt + Shift + P) to check your edits before saving the page? Thank you. --Porygon-Z 15:15, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
- Some of them were me fixing spellingGood Day;DCM
Manual of style
"The original 151 are by far the best. Where is the Dark type gym leader?"
Dark and Steel types were introduced in the second generation, so there isn't a dark type gym leader in the first generation. (Technically, there haven't been dark type leaders in any of the games, but it isn't even possible in the first gen.) I believe the reason for this had to do with type balance, as previously, Psychic types had been ridiculously strong. --Lamb(talk) 01:45, 23 February 2010 (UTC)