Thank you, and have a good time editing here!
*points at welcome*
By typing ~~~~ or clicking at the end of your comment on a talkpage, it will be signed automatically for you, and a timestamp will be put there as well. Don't go back and change the ones you missed now, though, because that will put the wrong time on. Just remember that in future. — THE TROM — 23:17, 13 June 2009 (UTC)
Okay, thanks for the help. PokemonMasterJamal3 00:03, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
User page edits
Oops, sorry about that. I got a little carried away. PokemonMasterJamal3 22:06, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
- When I gave you that message I expected you to stop. No more for today or your privileges will be removed. --ケンジのガール 22:17, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
Ugh... alright, I'm done with the user page edits for today. PokemonMasterJamal3 22:31, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
As you should already know by now, edit warring is not permitted on Bulbapedia. Due to the extremity of the edit war to the Version page, you have been blocked for 72 hours. If someone reverts an edit you make, revert or otherwise, take the issue to the talk page and do not re-revert until a proper discussion & agreement/decision has been reached. - Kogoro - Talk to me - 01:33, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
I need friend for x and y
- Hi I don't have YouTube account but I need a friend so check out my talk page for the code and tell me when you did it - unsigned comment from Superblooper (talk • contribs)
- Please remember to sign your comments with four tildes. Also, do not spam people's talk pages (such as mine) for friend codes. PokemonMasterJamal3 (talk) 14:07, 1 December 2013 (UTC)
s's or s'
This is a moot point since templates have caused Bulbapedia admins to dictate that s's is the preferred possessive in all cases on Bulbapedia, but since you bothered to point out your disagreement with me, I hope you don't mind me coming here to explain my reasoning for my edit summary. Since Bulbapedia style automatically precludes other style guides, feel free to completely ignore this overly pedantic post.
As stated in the AP Stylebook (I'm using the 2012 edition, but even if you have a different one, it's probably almost the same), page 296, in the punctuation guide's entry on apostrophes:
- Singular common nouns ending in S: Add 's unless the next word begins with s: the hostess's invitation, the hostess' seat; the witness's answer, the witness' story.
- Singular proper names ending in S: Use only an apostrophe: Achilles' heel, Agnes' book, Ceres' rites, Descartes' theories, Dickens' novels, Euripides' dramas, Hercules' labors, Jesus' life, Jules' seat, Kansas' schools, Moses' law, Socrates' life, Tennessee Williams' plays, Xerxes' armies.
I will admit that the franchise leaves it kind of ambiguous whether Pokémon species names are proper nouns or just Common Nouns With Idiosyncratic Capitalization, but my opinion is that treating them as proper nouns imposes less fanon on the terms than making the assumption that the games' capitalization is incorrect. Thus, Xerneas' would be the inarguably correct usage by AP style. Though it might differ in other style guides I'm less familiar with, I want to make it clear to you that "Xerneas's" is not an end-all be-all; my edit summary was, in fact, correct by journalistic standards. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 18:43, 4 December 2013 (UTC)
- I don't mind at all. I am glad that you dropped by to explain your standpoint on the whole situation, as I was genuinely curious about it. PokemonMasterJamal3 (talk) 19:09, 4 December 2013 (UTC)