YES, Generation VI is confirmed. PLEASE DO NOT ADD SPECULATION TO PAGES. As soon as information is confirmed by a reliable source, it will be added.
Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or irc channel #bulbapedia.
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Pokedigo!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Pokedigo/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
Please don't recreate "Brendan's Swampert". The article is not notable, and that's why it was deleted. Bulbapedia frowns at recreating unnotable articles. Do it again and you may find yourself blocked. --Shiningpikablu252 00:26, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
You don't really need to "adapt." I felt the same way when I was new here, about a year ago. All my edits were reverted and I was chastised for being a hasty n00b. However, I persisted and look where I am today! An administrator! Everybody was a n00b at some point. The difference is between those who give up and those who don't. Don't give up. Simply take the time to read the above welcome notice and the Manual of Style and you'll end up being a fine editor. --ニョロトノ666 19:58, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
- There's no reason to leave because somebody reverted your edits. Like Politoed said, we are all noobish at some point. If you take a look at some of my earliest edits, many of them were going through every anime character and typing "Their Japanese and English voice actors are unknown." I did that up until Zhen Lin told me it was not allowed. I apologized for doing so and promised it would never happen again. Since that point, I have not said that and only post a VA when I am 100% sure of it. Like Politoed, I am also an administrator. I know what it's like to be a new user. Heck, everybody does. Now granted, recreating a page that was deleted may not have been the best move, but you're a new user, and that's quite common for new users to do. You're not the first person to make that mistake, and I will guarantee that you are not going to be the last one. Just read over the manual of style, look at what other users do, and you'll be fine. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any one of the administrators, such as myself or Politoed666. Thank you, and please don't leave over such a minute mistake. --PAK Man Talk 21:30, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
Debtor, thus I will be better! But I have a question, as I will be able to make equal to the others with, dolls, pokémons and others! But he informs that I am coming back! Yours truly, Pokedigo
Slow down on editing the
User: namespace. Editing your userpage too much will lead to it being locked again. Instead of making multiple small edits, why not instead use the preview button (Alt + Shift + P) to check your edits before saving the page? Thank you. --Martonimos((Argh|Blargh)) 18:34, 19 September 2008 (UTC)
This is your final warning. Failure to comply with the limit on editing the
User: namespace will cause you to lose the ability to edit it. --The Dark Fiddler - Smarter than the average bear! 15:09, 1 December 2008 (UTC)