Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Pikachu610!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Pikachu610/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here! --Takoto タコト| サソデイ = 愛 15:08, 23 July 2008 (UTC)
☺ I'm contributing as much as possible, and on my wiki too. ☺ AmesPikachu610♥
Please don't go inserting false information into articles such as Rose. Whack and Wing Slap are not attacks in the Pokémon games, Ritchie hasn't been known to improvise techniques, and there's no evidence saying that Rose is a subnickname. In addition, Lucario can't even learn any of the moves you say Maylene's Lucario has used.
Keep inserting false information and you may find yourself blocked. --Shiningpikablu252 01:32, 24 July 2008 (UTC)
I'm so sorry. --Pikachu610 12:38, 7 August 2008 (UTC)
My vow is to beat BulbaBot & TTEchidna.
- That's impossible. Except if you spend five hours a day on Bulbpedia the next three years. MathijsP 17:44, 7 August 2008 (UTC)
...Bzzt... bzzt... error. No one can beat BulbaBot. It is impossible. You must be mistaken. I am the higest source of fact on this wiki. I will rule! BulbaBot 04:31, 8 August 2008 (UTC)
BulbaBot, TTEchidna beat you. It says so on the tag.
BulbaBot, who's your owner anyway?
Oh and BulbaBot, instead I'll just beat other editing people, and slowly make my way up.
Character of the day Pokémon articles
Please don't go inserting links to articles for Pokémon owned by one-shot characters. Their Pokémon are, for the most part, below the notability line, and as such should not have articles. The only exceptions are for Pokémon that would meet the COTD criteria in its own right, such as Puka and Orville (Nero wasn't successfully caught, hence it's more on the Golduck (anime) level). --Shiningpikablu252 04:15, 8 August 2008 (UTC)
I'm sorry, I'm so bad at editing.
- Nah, you just need to get the hang of it a bit more. Look at my first edits. They were crap. TTEchidna 04:53, 8 August 2008 (UTC)
The awesome TTEchidna actually answered! *bowing* O-o
Yes, oh great TTEchidna! xD AmesPikachu610 05:06, 8 August 2008 (UTC)
- And make sure that your sig's text actually... well, tells who you are. TTEchidna 05:45, 8 August 2008 (UTC)
Now I'm kinda confused. Ames 05:47, 8 August 2008 (UTC)
- Your sig says "Ames". Now how are we supposed to know that Pikachu610 = Ames? TTEchidna 05:52, 8 August 2008 (UTC)
O-o User"Pikachu 05:59, 8 August 2008 (UTC)
See? I messed it up Ames 06:01, 8 August 2008 (UTC)
Sorry, I keep forgetting. User:Pikachu610
Project Anime Maps
Were you actually planning to join? If so, what were you planning to contribute? Just curious. --LynnCreed 01:55, 16 August 2008 (UTC)