Welcome to Bulbapedia, Pallettown1986!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Pallettown1986/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- All users are allowed to edit the userspace 3 times a day. If you edit more than 3 times, you may be subjected to a warning. If you ignore the warning, you will be given three chances to comply. If you do not comply, your ability to modify the userspace will be revoked for a period of time.
- Unless prior permission is given, no user is permitted to edit another user's page. Furthermore, edits to other users' pages are permitted only if there are problems that spread to other parts of Bulbapedia, such as broken links that appear on the wanted pages, switching out duplicate images that appear on the Archives, etc.
- Fan fictions, missions, riddles, games, and anything else deemed not suitable for the wiki will not be allowed. If you would like to add something, but do not know if it is acceptable, ask an administrator.
- A list of administrators that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
Not every word is capitalized in a sentence. Mostly it's just the first word, every proper noun, or every big word in a title. Also Pokémon is spelled with an é, not an e. That can be typed by clicking it in the character palette below. Turtwig A (talk | contribs) 00:21, 7 March 2010 (UTC)
The only words that should be capitalized are proper nouns (names and such), and the start of sentences. Also Pokémon is always spelled with an accent. The "é" may be found on the character palette at the bottom of the editing window. Welcome to Bulbapedia and happy editing! --Beligaronia (talk) 00:22, 7 March 2010 (UTC)
- Weird, I just put almost the exact same thing but with different wording above. Turtwig A (talk | contribs) 00:23, 7 March 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry, you clearly type faster than me.--Beligaronia (talk) 00:25, 7 March 2010 (UTC)
- Please read the above message. It's not funny. CuboneKing 00:39, 7 March 2010 (UTC)
- Again, please read the above messages. This is serious. Turtwig A (talk | contribs) 00:41, 7 March 2010 (UTC)
Happy birthday to me
Now see, this is why we can't have nice things. Pay attention to what is on your talk page. It's not there just for decoration. And add something other than "This Is End Of Poke'mon Season 12 In America" to the articles. That's not really as much trivia as it is dumb. There's even a component in the infobox for that, it just doesn't show since we haven't developed it yet. You've been here two years, and just now you begin making edits, and they're terrible? C'mon man! TTEchidna 00:44, 7 March 2010 (UTC)
Changing first to 1st and the likes
- We would all appreciate it if you leave the trivia alone too. Sneaking from page to page... It's the page-editing purple ghost... Gengarzilla! 21:56, 24 April 2012 (UTC)
- Hi, your editing has not shown any major signs of improvement since the warning above. You recently made five edits to the Original series page which changed nothing by the time you were finished and you frequently make multiple edits to the same page. Edits like those cannot continue. Please start using the preview button whenever possible so you do not clutter the Recent Changes. Secondly, take a look at the links Jo The Marten provided for you above and start adhering by them. Thank you. --Pokemaster97 01:09, 1 May 2012 (UTC)
The Preview Button
Instead of editing a page several times in a row, try using the preview button to make sure your edit looks the way you want it to. It's right next to the Save Changes button... Please try it out, so as not to clog up the Recent Changes. Thanks! --★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 17:54, 22 July 2012 (UTC)
- Please preview more. You've made an astounding 11 edits to BW086 today. --Abcboy (talk) 19:54, 3 November 2012 (UTC)
Because you've chosen to ignore warnings to use the preview button when editing pages, you are now no longer able to save your edits until you preview first. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 22:54, 13 November 2012 (UTC)
Excuse me, when the inuse template is displayed saying an editor is currently making a large edit to the page, it's extremely rude to edit the article anyway, which ended up conflicting me. The next time you see that template, don't edit it until it's removed. Thank you. --Pokemaster97 14:12, 1 December 2012 (UTC)
Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova
- Again, do not put that it is the final season. PattyMan 19:22, 2 June 2013 (UTC)
Just so you know, the trivia you've been adding on BW137's page only applies if Ash is currently collecting badges. Since Ash isn't collecting badges in Decolora, it does not apply. --ForceFire 01:57, 9 September 2013 (UTC)