From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Welcome to Bulbapedia, OldBen!
By creating your account you are now able to edit pages, join discussions, and expand the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia. Before you jump in, here are some ground rules:
- Be nice to everyone. It's in the code of conduct.
- Make good edits. Preview them before you save to make sure they're perfect the first time around.
- Use wikicode and link templates when adding content to a page.
- Use proper grammar and spelling, and read the manual of style.
- You can't create a userpage until you've added to the encyclopedia. It's a privilege. See the userspace policy.
- Use talk pages to resolve editing disputes. Don't "edit war," or constantly re-edit/undo the same thing on a page.
- If you have a question about something, be proactive. Take a look at our FAQ. If you're still stuck, ask for help. The staff won't bite.
- Sign all talk page posts with four tildes (~~~~). This will turn into your name and the time you wrote the comment.
- For more handy links, see the welcome portal.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here!
Polish move names
Where are you getting these from? Are they your own translations, or are they from the anime/manga/books/etc.? --SnorlaxMonster 13:15, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
- Majority of them are from anime and few books. OldBen 13:58, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
- Cool. I just need to check whenever someone adds foreign move names, because very often they just translate them themselves. Keep up the good work. --SnorlaxMonster 14:00, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
Be sure to check all seasons, since eg. Flamethrower changed names (As far as I know it was Miotacz płomieni in Johto series, ie. when Macy's Slugma [or it was Magcargo in the episode I watched?] used it) , the same for Ember (Żar in DP series and Atak Żarem in BW series, as far as I know). Also you got Drought from book? Since AG doesn't have dub that far. Marked +-+-+ 21:02, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
- Usually, I use books to translate moves up to Battle Frontier season, moves from DP and BW series get their anime names. When I know more than one version, I write all of them(like with Tackle). OldBen 21:13, 29 March 2012 (UTC)