Welcome to Bulbapedia, Noname!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Noname/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Although it's not all that important, try to use American spellings whenever possible, i.e. "honor" instead of "honour," "color" instead of "colour," etc.. Thanks! --ニョロトノ666 18:11, 24 April 2008 (UTC)
Geeze, I make one spelling mistake and you jump down my throat. Noname
- I wasn't "jumping down your throat." In fact, I usually try to be exceptionally diplomatic. In any case, I'm sorry it felt that way to you. --ニョロトノ666 18:24, 24 April 2008 (UTC)
Since I can't edit my own page, I've desided to put my opinions here. This will be edited whenever I think of something.
- To all Anti-cloners: Cloning is a good thing. No Cloning = No Mewtwo :O
But there is nothing against it. And my signature is simply my name. Noname
- yes, but theres no reason to add words after your name. it makes it look like youre talking in the third person. why do you need to add words after your name? besides, you sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~) which in turn adds the date and time, which is mandatory. -- MAGNEDETH 21:18, 27 April 2008 (UTC)
Mandatory huh? Well that's new. Would you mind me asking why? Just three tildes is less cluttery, and if you really need to know the date and time you can check the history. Noname
- ok, i apologize, it isnt in the written rules. but i have seen admins say it. that being said, and no, this isnt a personal vendetta against you, but im going to suggest its added to the policy. its completely unnecessary to add any text after your post. -- MAGNEDETH 21:35, 27 April 2008 (UTC)
But people don't seem to be worried about the sever crashing because people keep having to fix their own typos every five seconds. Noname
Yes, Porygon is part of the new Sinnoh dex in Platinum. I can't think of the name right now, but an NPC gives you a Porygon, in fact, it says that on the Platinum page Happizelpom 23:58, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
Congratulations, you got the echidna to say something.
And that something is Do you know how many pages are edited a day here!? I keep a list of 500 on the RC and usually that isn't enough to cover 12 hours, let alone 24. If no one responds it's not an open invitation to begin a project of renaming things from their proper names. The game says Knot Island, it stays Knot Island. Unless a source from Nintendo says that "the names of the islands are One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Navel, and Birth" instead of the obviously more fitting Knot, Boon, Kin, Floe, Chrono, Fortune, Quest, Navel, and Birth, they stay where they are. The towns' names are what they are, no matter how stupid it sounds. C'mon, this is a game with a "town" named Indigo Plateau. But you can go on and ask their mailbag, if they say it's One-Two-Three and not Knot-Boon-Kin, go for it. TTEchidna 17:56, 31 March 2009 (UTC)