Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Don't add genders to the anime Pokémon; none are official, except for maybe Gary's Nidoqueen or something that can't have any other gender. Either way, there has never been any concrete identification of gender for any Pokémon in the anime belonging to a main character-- not even Pikachu. Yes, Dawn's Buneary even was embarrassed to be near it, but eh, what's to say that that proves Pikachu's a guy and Buneary's a girl? It could be the other way around. Yes, it's highly likely that those are the intended genders, but until it is officially stated by the producers and writers, outright, undeniably, we cannot put fan-made theories here. --TTEchidna 21:08, 21 June 2007 (UTC)
It's better to wait until after the article in question has been created to put in a link to that page in a character's article. This reduces the chance of someone writing an article later deemed non-notable, such as was the fate with Drew's Butterfree. --Shiningpikablu252 23:55, 30 September 2007 (UTC)
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Neoranto94!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- A list of the admins that you can contact if there is a problem can be found here.
- Actually, except for Staravia and Corpish, I think his aim is pretty good. Both Totodile and Sceptile had "boy falls for girl" plots, for example.
- Regardless, I see no reason not to add gender symbols to the ones that are confirmed, like Aipom and Tauros. Cassius335 12:14, 12 January 2008 (UTC)
- OMG....I'm getting sick of yelling.....well......unless the gender is specifically said (Like Dawn's Ambipom) or their is only one gender for that Pokémon (Like Brock's Happiny and Ash's Tauros), it's UNCONFIRMED. We don't have Pikachu list as a boy, now do we, since it's unconfirmed. --Theryguy512 13:12, 12 January 2008 (UTC)