Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
I'm a huge Pokénerd. Like to watch the show play the games everything
|Welcome to Bulbapedia, Mastermp45!|
By creating your account you are now able to edit pages, join discussions, and expand the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia. Before you jump in, here are some ground rules:
Thank you, and have a good time editing here!
The "English" names
Here on Bulbapedia we only use officially confirmed English names. Dewott has not been confirmed by any official source, therefore it is not used. Other fansites are not good sources. Werdnae (talk) 23:45, 25 January 2011 (UTC)
Based on this
I'm no admin, but I do know that Bulbapedia is NOT all about the userspace. You should not do a bunch of random edits JUST to edit the userspace because I'm telling you now, per the Userspace policy, you WILL get in trouble if you only focus your edits on your own userpage once you've earned the privelege. Trust me, I've been through it! If you are here to help make Bulbapedia the best source for Pokémon related information on the internet, go for it, but if you are here to make a userpage and chat with Pokéman fans than you are on the wrong site, that is for the forums which is linked to in the navigation menu on the left side of the screen. There, you can have all sorts of "Pokéfan fun" but Bulbapedia is a strict encyclopedia that's main purpose and goal is to serve the fan community with information on all aspects of the Pokémon franchise. Please, take what I have said into consideration and I hope you choose to be a contributor and decide to help improve Bulbapedia. Before you do this though, I suggest you take a look at the pages linked to in your welcome message above. Good luck. --Landfish7 00:20, 26 January 2011 (UTC)
Read this if you haven't already. Just for reference, you left me this on my talk page:
- "im the one that was talking about the userspace i understand ill try to contribute but i dont have conections" --User Mastermp45's message under the discussion "i understand" on User Landfish7's talk page.
Yes I am aware that you were the one who asked about userpage priveleges per the history of the talk page in which the comment was made on.♂ I have marked the aforementioned comment as unsigned and I suggest in the future you sign your comments. I am glad that you have decided to give real contributions to Bulbapedia and I suggest you look here for a very complete guide to editing on Bulbapedia. Yes, it may be a bore and may take some time but I want you to try to read through all of that and read each of the pages it links to, if you can't do that than I don't see how you could possibly have the effort to be a big help to Bulbapedia so please try to do so. Also I would like it if you clarify what you mean by lacking connections or what kind of connections you are referring to so I'd appreciate it if you'd give me a reply below this comment by placing a :, your message, and then by signing it with this ~~~~ which (in continuation with what I talked about on MY talk page linked to near the beginning of this message) can also be found in the character palette below the editing screen if you STILL seem to have trouble with the other three methods I gave. Thanks for reading this message and the mentioned parts of the pages that I linked to completely thoroughly and I'll await your response. --Landfish7 02:44, 29 January 2011 (UTC)
You left this comment on my talk page:
- by connections i meants like sites that tell me about all the nwe stuff in Pokémon histroy i didnt know if you wanted my to say this on your page or on my talk so i put it on yours and what does utc mean this is me trying to do the singture --Mastermp45 22:26, 29 January 2011 (UTC)mastermp45 4:24 january 29 2011
Okay, for real, you obviously didn't read any of my messages thoroughly, I've asked you time and time again to post replies here to keep thing organized. DO NOT go to MY page again to reply to my message, you say that you didn't know when I very clearly stated to put your reply here. Also, you DON'T use other fan websites, all information MUST come from an official source such as Pokémon.com or CoroCoro magazine, Pokémon Sunday, or the actual game itself. Also, you clearly didn't listen to any of my 4-5 ways of putting your signature down. Seriously, just copy this--> ~~~~ and paste it after your message. Now PLEASE look through this page--> Help:Editing and this--> Bulbapedia:Style primer AND this--> Bulbapedia:Manual of Style AND this--> Bulbapedia:A guide to Bulbapedia before replying BELOW THIS MESSAGE. >.< --Landfish7 02:54, 30 January 2011 (UTC)
Ok I Read Them
i read all the links you put the last time on my talk page i dont know if the website tells you that i wrote this but i did read all the links you sent i think this is me signing --Mastermp45 17:41, 30 January 2011 (UTC)
- Okay, you've signed it perfectly this time. Yes, I have your page on my watchlist so I was able to tell that you responded. (your watchlist can be found in the top right corner of the screen) Also, when I said below my message I wasn't being very clear, I didn't want you to start a different discussion (every time you make a title such as "Ok I Read Them" above, you are technically starting a new discussion.) I just wanted you to post right below my post without a title. Good luck with contributing to Bulbapedia and I hope you can improve your skills as you move on. ;) --Landfish7 21:06, 31 January 2011 (UTC)
Hi. I noticed you have been editing the
User: namespace a lot recently. Please don't do it any more, though. Bulbapedia's Userspace policy restricts the amount you can edit your userpage: no more than three edits per day. This policy was instated to prevent strain on our server, and also to promote people helping out in the mainspace. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, after all, so help us out by contributing to some articles before coming back to your personal userpage. The more often you edit in the mainspace, the more you will be allowed to edit your userpage. Thanks! ----rockersk08 22:22, 15 February 2011 (UTC)
- Reply on your user talk page, not mine. You've been warned about this before. Anyway, just use the preview key. --rockersk08 22:26, 15 February 2011 (UTC)
- what is the preview key and where is it.--Mastermp45 22:30, 15 February 2011 (UTC)
- Please, when adding to a discussion put a colon (this thing --> " : " ) at the beginning of your comment. If the discussion you are replying to already has a colon in the coding, use one more colon than the person before you i.e. putting four colons at the beginning of a comment made after this one, which has three. If the person before you didn't put any colons or didn't use enough colons, only fix it if they are adding to the discussion. If they seem to have intentionally reset the colons, rather in order to make it so there isn't so many colons, or to make a comment that is slightly off topic, then leave it and continue on starting once again with just one colon. To answer your question, the button RIGHT NEXT TO the "Save page" button when you are editing is what Rockersk08 was referring to, you do not have a Show preview key on your keyboard. --Landfish7 00:45, 23 February 2011 (UTC)