Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Hawkrai!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Hawkrai/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
I noticed you have been editing the
User: namespace a lot recently. You may not be aware of this, but Bulbapedia has a Userspace policy that asks users to try and minimize the number of userspace edits they make in a short period of time. Instead of making multiple edits, why not use the Preview button (Alt + Shift + P) located right next to the edit button to look at your page and see how it is coming? That way, your page can look great while staying within the required amount of edits. Instead of editing the userspace, as a wiki, we encourage users to edit the mainspace. So, if you edit the mainspace more often, you will be allowed to edit the userspace more. Thanks! --RexRacer 20:44, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
Please don't move the redirects, as it creates a double redirect. It becomes Time Machine (Pokémon) → Transport (Pokémon) → Pokéstar Studios opponents#Transport. --Abcboy (talk) 18:00, 10 October 2012 (UTC)
- I apologize. So I was supposed to make a brand new redirect? If so, I see what I need to do next time. Hawkrai (talk) 18:36, 10 October 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you for your compliment. I should really get back to working on that page with some new stuff as well. Hawkrai (talk) 20:23, 2 November 2013 (UTC)
I agree with the above comment! This is the only source for Pokemon Brown type effectiveness I could even find. I looked for an actual listing of the type effectiveness a few years ago and there was nothing anywhere on the internet, so you're providing a valuable service. I'm playing Brown now and am trying to figure out which Pokemon are which type, so I'll post on here if I find something that doesn't go along with your listing. For example, I already found that Jigglypuff is a Sound type now, not a Normal type. Hopefully I can help contribute to fix the lack of information on this underappreciated game. Robbingdog (talk) 16:47, 12 January 2015 (UTC)
- You can edit the page itself, so that alone should help. I'd also recommend changing the text color for the new types from black to white to keep it consistent with the other canon types. I also should note that Sylveon was added to Brown in a later update; it's #225. Superjustinbros. (talk) 20:29, 17 January 2015 (UTC)