Welcome to Bulbapedia, Elliottadventure!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Elliottadventure/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here! --DCM 13:09, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
Restoring deleted articles
If an administrator deleted an article you created, there is probably a good reason for it. In your instance, your YouTube channel is nowhere near notable enough for its own article. Please do not recreate it again. --PAK Man Talk 13:51, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
- An article about your Youtube comic should not go i the Mainspace.Its not notable enough, nor do you have enough hits to even be considered Minor.IN the future, if you wish to create that page, try putting it in User:Elliottadventure/ElliotAdventure.
- Hey, ShinyGold doesn't even get its own mainspace page, and it's well known. If you're here on Bulbapedia just to advertise your video series... well, seriously, bad idea. If it has as many hits as Serebii does one day, or becomes as well-known as Homestar Runner, then we'd be glad to make a page. But really, most stuff on the wiki, if not all of it, is made by people unrelated to it. Satoshi Tajiri didn't make his article, neither the Echidna nor Purity made the article on Pokémon Zeo! (that was the other echidna, who was, at the time, not as well-known as he is now). Serebii wasn't in charge of making the page on his own site or himself.
- Notability of a fansite or a fan thing is pretty much limited to "If its notable enough for someone else to make the article, it's fine". And no, this is not an invitation for you to get a fan to make the article for you. It must be unasked, and believe me, we have ways of knowing if someone asked...
- Anyway, in closing, I do welcome you to continue contributing to Bulbapedia... so long as it's not related to advertisement of your YouTube page. TTEchidna 02:02, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
Elliotadventure: Ok ok I get it now. You dont have to bombard me with all these rules and regulations. It's just that my youtube fans thought it was a good idea. :( Elliottadventure 12:38, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
- You can sign what you said by writing four ~'s at the end of your message. Porygon-Z 12:26, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
Elliottadventure- thank you porygon-Z, thankfully some people on bulbapedia are nice :( Elliottadventure 12:38, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
- We're nice people, but when rules are violated (such as recreating deleted articles) we tend to get a little more stern. It's not against you (you're certainly not the first user to try and create an article about their personal page) but we have to be stern, otherwise everybody would create an article about their own minor web site. --PAK Man Talk 13:27, 3 September 2008 (UTC)