|Welcome to Bulbapedia, Confusion!|
By creating your account you are now able to edit pages, join discussions, and expand the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia. Before you jump in, here are some ground rules:
Thank you, and have a good time editing here!
Victreebel never used PoisonPowder(which is spelled in CamelCase format, with no space.), it used Double-Edge in the episode in question in the original and Carnivine used Bind in the original Japanese too, and in other episodes. Wait for a reply on a talk page before altering the info and provide evidence to back up your claims, please. Thank you. - unsigned comment from Muk-a-matic (talk • contribs)
Now you're edit warring. i'm going to contact an admin. I seriously doubt Victreebel used PoisonPowder, and you know my stance on Carnivine's Bind.--Muk-a-matic-Maketh the Muk go round... 02:40, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
Oh I'm so sorry I didn't even know you were trying to contact me! Now I know when and when not to edit. Thank you!Confusion 02:49, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
The Preview Button
Instead of editing a page several times in a row, try using the preview button to make sure your edit looks the way you want it to. It's right next to the Save Changes button... Please try it out, so as not to clog up the Recent Changes. Thanks! --電禅Den Zen 14:06, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
Hi, since your recent edits haven't been good enough for our standards, please do the following before editing:
- Check your spelling before submitting.
- Use the preview button as stated above to make sure the thing you want to edit looks good enough.
- Use the talk page to discuss when trying to add a move in the list of used moves for Pokémon in the anime.
- Indent your comments when replying in a talk page, you can do that by using colons (:), increase them as the talk progresses.
- And last, but not least, please read the Manual of Style, as it will greatly improve your quality when editing.
- New recommendations:
- Always sign your comments.
- It's Japanese, not Japenese.
- Wait until you get a reply before doing anything.
- This doesn't mean you can add it as soon as somebody replies.
- And even less when the reply disagrees with your opinion, you need to reach a consensus.
- You don't need to use the colons when you start the section. And please try not to space the comments, or else you'll get a box, like this:
Hi, this is a "coded" box.
- Don't forget to read the Manual of Style, since it'll help you be better.
- That's it for now. Bear in mind I'm not threatening or scolding you, I'm just giving you tips in order to increase the quality of your contributions, I hope you understand. Masatoshitalk 19:29, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
Thank you! I'll be sure to take all of this advice to heart. I suppose I'm just a little too impatient and stubborn, but I'll have to learn to control this if I want to make decent contributions. I hope to become a good editor in no time too!Confusion 19:33, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
Hi, regarding your edits in the article linked above, I must tell you that you did an edit war. What's that? It's when two users or more engage in a revertion quarrel, it usually goes as the following:
- User A edits something in an article.
- User B reverts User A.
- User A reverts User B's revertion.
- User B reverts User A's revertion.
and so on...
This usually ends up with the users fighting each other, and that is highly frowned upon in a wiki. It usually ends in a block for the parties involved. However, since you're still new to Bulbapedia, you don't know the policies, and I'd advise you to read them. In a related note, I must ask you to remember signing your comments with four tildes (~~~~), and when replying to a comment, please add one more colon as the discussion progresses (if someone replies with two colons, you reply with three, then someone else replies with four and you reply with five colons). Thank you. Masatoshitalk 01:13, 2 April 2012 (UTC)