User talk:Ash Pokemaster
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Ash Pokemaster!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. You will have to register separately for it, as well. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Ash Pokemaster/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here!--Kuki 17:21, 12 April 2008 (UTC)
Pokémon in Greece
Hi. I temporarily moved the page you created to your userspace, because Project Globe does not allow mainspace stubs. After the article is fully written, we'll move it back to the mainspace. Thanks. --electAbuzzzz 11:27, 8 February 2010 (UTC)
- All right, I think I will work on it later on today. --Ash_Pokemaster 11:29, 8 February 2010 (UTC)
- OK. Overall, your style is good and I can see you're using the other articles as examples. That's great, that's the way to make a good article. One thing that's important to me in these articles is that they'll contain information about the dubbing of the series. The studio, the voice actors, etc. Fill it up, and we'll move it when it's ready. --electAbuzzzz 11:33, 8 February 2010 (UTC)
Most of the words in articles don't need to be bolded for emphasis. Our Manual of Style discourages bolding text for emphasis, often times, a simple link to the related article is usually sufficient. Also, names don't need to be italicised. Thanks for understanding and we hope to see more contributions from you in the future. --ZestyCactus 20:32, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
- If an edit you make is reverted more than once, please don't unrevert it, instead, discuss it on the article's talk page or with a staff member. In response to your use of the bolding, important text is usually just linked to a related article, not bolded. I also don't find it particularily aesthetically pleasing as it contrasts our usual style, but that's just my own personal opinion. --ZestyCactus 20:34, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
Stadium player character
I honestly believe there is not enough information for it to warrant it's own article. What's missing in the main Player character article that can't be added there? What you call a story can easily be summarized by Stadium's own article, so it would just be repeating itself. I would advise you to finish the article in your userspace instead if you really believe it deserves it's own article. For now it's going to be a redirect. Thanks. —♥ Jellotalk 22:13, 12 August 2010 (UTC)
Separating Legendary and Mythical Pokémon
Would you be willing to come to the talk page for Legendary Pokémon  to discuss your opinion for separating the article into two?
More importantly, I just recently noticed that you also had a draft for the Mythical Pokémon article. I've begun a draft as well, and I was wondering if we could combine the best parts of our work together and begin to get it ready for the mainspace. In particular, I prefer the layout of your article, which seamlessly fixes the issues I was having with mine. For my part, I believe I could expand upon the text (I started with the Legendary Pokémon article's text, so I have all the Mythical Pokémon currently, but the text is less polished), fix grammatical errors, and add in a section about their statistical averages. Paᗧ•••ᗣck 22:54, 17 January 2016 (UTC)
- Hey Pacack! Glad you see you're also pre-separation. I've been working on that draft very leisurely for almost a year, because there's been a lack of motivation given there still hasn't been a notice from the editorial team on whether the separation can go on. I recently concluded that there's no need for such notice, considering that the matter is hardly debatable: the two groups are canonically separate, and the assumption that they aren't is completely unreasonable nowadays with things like the 20th Anniversary distribution. With that in mind, I think it might be better to just mainspace the article once we're done and see where it goes. If there's opposition, it'll be interesting to see if there are better arguments than "I honestly consider Mythical Pokémon to be a type of legendary Pokémon.".
- Regarding the article itself, it would definitely be better to combine our work. My aim has been to maintain style as neutral and encyclopedic as possible, while providing the information the average user might be looking for. With that in mind, here's how I envisioned each entry to look like:
- 1. Short paragraph with universal canon information -- meaning typing, information from Pokédex descriptions and so on.
- 2. Real-life perspective -- first time it was made available, designer, popularity among the fandom, use across media.
- 3. In-universe perspective from games and anime -- very short description about its roles, relationships with other Pokémon, etc.
- The reason I didn't use the Legendary Pokémon article as base is because I didn't find it to be particularly cohesive or consistent style-wise. But it definitely has some good points which can be used for section 3, which I'm yet to work on for any Pokémon.
- I have no problem combining the two articles as they are, if only to have a temporary section for each Mythical Pokémon. But if you don't mind, I'd rather we stick to a consistent encyclopedic style for the final thing. Let me know what you think of the layout and if you have any suggestions for improving it. :) --Ash Pokemaster (talk) 09:47, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- I agree on your first point. Once we get the article up to snuff, I see no problem with adding it to the mainspace.
- I do quite like your style for the entries. That said, I think we might want to put 3 before 2, as both 1 and 3 relate to in-universe information, and grouping the two together makes more sense to me. If not, then perhaps we could put 2 before 1 instead, as a real-world perspective followed by in-universe information also groups the information solidly.
- I'll begin working on your userspace, as I believe it's the more promising of our drafts. Please edit any errors you see. :) Paᗧ•••ᗣck 16:05, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- Oh, you're right about swapping 2 and 3. Rolls better that way! Feel free to make any changes you want on the current content, and I'll be keeping an eye on it as well. --Ash Pokemaster (talk) 17:10, 18 January 2016 (UTC)