YES, Generation VI is confirmed. PLEASE DO NOT ADD SPECULATION TO PAGES. As soon as information is confirmed by a reliable source, it will be added.
Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or irc channel #bulbapedia.
| The subject of this article has no official name.|
The name currently in use is a fan designator; see below for more information.
Sprite from Pokémon Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver
|Games||Pokémon Platinum, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver|
In the games
He first appears in the Oreburgh Mine when the player goes there with an Arceus. Here, he introduces himself and discusses his theory on Plates. He gives the player a Flame Plate because he has no interest in physical artifacts, only their inscriptions.
The player next encounters him at the Canalave Library, where he had just donated a book he wrote summarizing the engravings on the Plates. He tells the player many of his theories on philosophy and Sinnoh mythology.
At the Sinjoh Ruins
He appears at the Sinjoh Ruins as part of the Arceus event, which is triggered at the Ruins of Alph. He is standing near the entrance to the ruined temple when the player steps outside the first time. He appears to be very interested in the history of the ruins. He leads the player to the cabin, where he mentions a famous Trainer from Sinnoh is staying. Inside the cabin, he reveals some more history regarding the ruins.
If the player returns to the Sinjoh Ruins with an Arceus caught in the Hall of Origin, he will still be in the cabin, and simply tell the player that Cynthia has gone back to Sinnoh.
- "Hello! How do you do! I'm a student of philosophy. If I had to explain very simply, I study how people came to be. That could explain why I happen to be in Sinnoh. In Sinnoh, there is a myth on how the world came into existence. Investigating that myth may give me insight on the emergence of people. I found something very interesting soon after arrival. You may have it, if you'd like."
- "I'm told that that Plate was created at the same time as Sinnoh. That Plate I found bears this inscription. "The rightful bearer of a Plate draws from the Plate it holds." The rightful bearer, I think, may point to the shaper of this world. Oh, by the way, I'm only interested in the words and shapes left behind. Physical artifacts like that Plate don't interest me once I've read them. I hope we meet again somewhere."
- "Well, hello! We meet again! After we parted, I went from Oreburgh to Hearthome, Celestic, then Eterna. Yes, the town and cities surrounding the foot of Mt. Coronet. Why my fascination with Mt. Coronet, you may ask? Well, Mt. Coronet happens to be called "The origin of Sinnoh." I learned many things on my journey. Would you like to hear about them?
- Yes: "The way I see it, our world began when the spirit within people was born. When that spirit came to be, there followed awareness about the world. Within that newborn spirit, time and space were intertwined as one. People and Pokémon, too, were but the same presence. As I understand it, people and Pokémon shared the spirit and awareness. They should have accepted and understood each other then."
- "Because they shared the same spirit, people and Pokémon are intermingled. People took the place of Pokémon, and the opposite also held true. That interpretation could give us an idea about how our world came to be. A Pokémon is said to have shaped this world. Could that Pokémon be the physical form of the original spirit? Hmm... The spirit came to be, and from it, time and space were born... That seems to point to the legendary Dialga, the Pokémon of time, and Palkia, the Pokémon of space... And they lead back to Arceus, the Pokémon that made them arise. Isn't this interesting? Would you like to hear some more?"
- Yes: "Oh, there were also Plates, weren't there? One Plate read, "Three beings were born to bind time and space." Those three being I read to be the three Pokémon of the lakes. It's about Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. The myth describes how they gave spirit to the world, describing it. But it all starts with Arceus, the first. It is known as the Original One."
- "Oh, by the way, I wrote down the words engraved on those Plates. I summarized them in a book a donated it to this library. There it is in that bookshelf. I'd be pleased if you'd read it."
- "I have to say I'm glad I came out to Sinnoh. I suppose I'd be better off in search of new myths in faraway lands. It would be nice if our paths were to cross again."
- "Sinnoh's Beginning as Told on Plates."
- This is a collection of engravings from ancient Plates found in Sinnoh.
- "The Original One breathed alone before the universe came."
- "When the universe was created, its shards became this Plate."
- "The power of defeated giants infuses this Plate."
- "Two beings of time and space set free from the Original One."
- "Three beings were born to bind time and space."
- "Two make matter, and three make spirit, shaping the world."
- "The powers of Plates are shared among Pokémon."
- "The rightful bearer of a Plate draws from the Plate it holds."
HeartGold and SoulSilver
Sinjoh Ruins (first visit)
- "Well, hello! It's so freezing, isn't it? For a youngster like you to be interested in the Sinjoh Ruins is not something we see every day. Take a look at them. From the design of the pillars at the Sinjoh Ruins, you can see that the cultures of Sinnoh and Johto have blended."
- "What was I thinking? We don't need to be standing here. Why don't you come to the cabin around the corner for more discussion?"
- At the corner
- "By the way, we happen to have a person at the cabin. Any Trainer should know who she is. The famous Trainer from Sinnoh! She is traveling around to study myths and ancient ruins. Isn't that something?"
- In the cabin
- "A long time ago, people used to draw life from Pokémon and also give their lives to those Pokémon... That shows that people and Pokémon used to be more closely bonded with each other. When people moved from place to place, the myths and legends of Pokémon and their power would also be carried with those people. That's how myths and legends from each region are blended with each other. The ancient ruins here have inherited the legends from both the Ruins of Alph in Johto and the Spear Pillar in Sinnoh. That is proof that people from Johto and Sinnoh blended together as a group."
- "Arceus is said to have come out of an Egg. Johto people believe that Pokémon Eggs are the vessels of life, and thus something astounding. Places far from each other can share similar myths and legends... That's quite interesting, isn't it?"
Sinjoh Ruins (second visit)
- "Well, hello! We meet again! Cynthia has gone back to Sinnoh. She is the Sinnoh League Champion. She studies various ruins despite her tight schedule. How wonderful she is!"